Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently at a crossroads on doing a c4 swap or keeping my t5 setup.
just looking for some opinions or person experiences to help with my choice. I figure the c4 is more consistent on the drag strip etc but i prefer driving a 5 speed. This is also my first car i am building/racing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hard to say in my opinion, all depends on what your doing with the car. I'd say just learn how to shift quik, then you'll be ok at the track

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
We would need more info on your car setup and what your plans are for it. If it's soley a street car with few visits to the track, then keep the t5. If you frequent the track, then pop for a built aod or a c4. An Aod has overdrive and can be built to hold a lot of power.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right now just a stock 302 with a 650 holley DP, 410 gears, longtube headers, electric fan smog and ac delete. I have a 302 that i plan on building a 347 stroker with over the summer. Its not going to be my daily driver but i would say its going to be 50/50 with track and street time.
I did recently put a brand new centerforce dual friction clutch , throwout bearing, clutch cable and resurfaced flywheel. My t5 does need rebuilt tho has 160k

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
50/50 justifies a built C4 with a shift kit and a good stall. Build the motor and then send the tranny to be built for your combination.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinkin c4 with a reverse manual valve body and a 3500-3800 stall. you know Anyone interested in a t5 setup?!?! lol im not allowed to post anything in the classified Ads yet.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If its not a full track car keep the t5 or go for a built one. C4 on the street s boring as hell. But it works when on the track. Up to you

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a full manual Art Carr AOD in the shipping crate with a shifter, flexplate, and h-pipe to clear the shifter linkage I may or may not use. I have a C4 in it now. It just doesn't have enough gear for the highway. Running a 3000 stall and a 3.27 gear and I'm still at freakin' 3000 rpm at 65. I can actually watch the gas gauge go down! I bought the Art Carr because of that, but I think I'm just going to be selling the car this year anyway. May be willing to part with it for a good price if you're interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts