Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it take to get a 1988 mustang gt into the 13's? With 125 pounds worth of stereo in it:(. Would 3.73's and a full exhaust do a high 13 trick?

·
Registered
80 Posts
How much would it take to get a 1988 mustang gt into the 13's? With 125 pounds worth of stereo in it:(. Would 3.73's and a full exhaust do a high 13 trick?
Probably not, you are going to have to do more than that. I dont think the stereos hurting too much though. But even without it your still not making that time.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Pull your stereo. Get full exhaust inake, 4:10's and some sticky tires with a good clutch and launch the **** out of it. It's alot easier btw if you have the lighter lx, or not.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No clue. Doesn't seem fast at all. Seems like it would lose to an average car. Should it feel like a quick car? It feels like it would run high 14's at best MAYBE. Does it need a tune up or something possibly? Its a 5 speed, and its not the driver because i run 11.8's with my 2007 gt.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
2007 GT... ofcourse its going to feel slow after driving that thing around.

LOL Yeah.. thats definately something i'll agree with.

The best way for anyone to gauge the performance you want to gain, is to know what the car is capable of now. I cant tell you how to run 13s, if i dont know what your car runs now. Assuming your basically stock, getting into the 13s can be done with just suspension, gears and tires. Or, you can go the way most people do, and run simple bolt-ons and reduce weight. Its a coin flip.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
with that stereo u are losing a tenth of a secon off your quarter mile time and maybe some mph at the end, you car feals slow becuase it probrobly has the stock gears in it.

get gears first off and you will notice a big difference

·
Registered
81 Posts
ha you have to be kidding cobra you can put a fox into the 12's on suspension alone. suspention plays a huge huge role in everything on a car

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an e 303 cam but that thing is like a nugget compared to a real cam. I also have a cai and a 76mm maf conversion. I also have 315 nitto non drag radials. It feels like a dog. Lakewood 50/50's it has...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But shouldn't it feel like it could beat my sisters fusion? I can tell when cars are quick or not and my car feels like a freakin dog. Should i give it a tune up? I am planning a 347 stroker.. which cam should i go with and what times could one rip off with it. A brand new bored and honed block is being used as well. Do i really need 4.10's i like the way my car feels now when it comes to cruising and what not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
if the fusion is a 3.5 awd they are fast i work for lincoln mercury and the mkz and millan are the same car and yes they feel faster but they arent. best thing you can do right now is go to the track and she was she can do. one quick thing you can do to your car is advance the timing to 13 14* and make sure to run 93 when you do this. you will feel a big pick up in the top end

1 - 20 of 52 Posts