Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am setting here and thinking about my 08 Bullitt " what else is new ", how nice it runs and how I change my tune back to stock for 9 months of the year. I did that to make sure that it runs well in the colder weather and it starts up good after 5 months of storage. I have the best of both worlds, Brenspeed tune for the HOT summer and stock tune for the other times of the year.
This is the part that I am setting on the fence, Do I install my Hot Rod cams and the Steada CMDP and loose my capability of going back to my stock tune? I had a 07 Mustang GT that I went too far in modding, I lost some of it's drivability , I don't want to do that again. I could install my 4.10's and my UDP and call it good enough and sell the rest.
Another question I have is, if I only did the cams could I go back and forth form a custom tune to a stock tune?
Damn I hate thinking of this stuff! What do you guy's think?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
No you won't be able to switch between the tunes. Even with the CMDPs you wouldn't be able to.. I don't see a problem with it though at all. Just run the same tune all year 'round.

My car makes 530 rwhp and I drive it every single day in pouring rain or sun, no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts