Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I want to get my car back to one color. Can;t decide if I want to just get new/used body panels (side skirts, side scoops, door handles, and hood scoop) or just get it repainted. I have a friend that will paint it all for $400, so that may be the cheapest route...

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
How good of a painter is your friend?

No offense but unless he isn't charging for labor,$400 equates to a **** paint job.

EDIT: oh and what are your color options? That looks like zinc yellow in your sig. I think that color looks like a oxidized screaming yellow lol.

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zinc yellow. I'm getting the hood scoop, side scoops, door handles, and side skirts paint matched. Zinc yellow is hard to make look good in pictures. But in person it looks 100x better. Pictures usually make it seem a lighter tone than it really is. At night it looks fanfuckingtastic. My friend paints and tunes for a living, so yeah I trust him.

If I keep the car long enough, this is definitely the look I want:

or

Though in the spring, if I can find a silver '01 Cobra, then I'll sell the GT asap :D

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
In that case, $400 is a hell of deal for a paint job.

DSG is also one of those colors that looks like sex at dusk time.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, having your friend paint it for $400 is a great deal. Cuts out the headache of trying to piece everything together and it'll probably cost less.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Screaming yellow*. I'm getting the hood scoop, side scoops, door handles, and side skirts paint matched. Screaming Yellow* is easy to make look good in pictures and in person it looks 100x better.
Fixed :gayfight2:

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Have your friend paint it.

ANNNDDD damn I wish I had irs exhaust

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
hhhhmmmm...

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I think gravik does have an irs....

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
do you have pics gravik? sorry i don't mean to thread jack but your picture just really through mee inttooo a ddddaaazzeee lol

AND IM NOT A GUY LOL

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
gravik do you really have to do all that modification or can I just get irs and it work like the guy on svtperformance?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
So expensive lol

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just gotta find a deal. I lucked out and had a buddy who wanted a solid axle for his terminator, so I was able to get the IRS and Bassani exhaust for $800.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts