Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my initial quote for the paint and body labor on my fox was $3000. considering i'm going to need another $3000 in parts to get it to where i'd want it to be both inside and out i'm looking at just buying a whole new car.

my budget for the restore was around $6000. after looking around i've found a few cars that are pretty nice already (body, paint, & interior) and have a good bit of performance mods already done. the restore on the 86 would be at or over 6000 and still wouldn't get me any performance mods at all.

looks like i'll be selling the 86 and getting either another fox or a 94-98 GT. .

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
you can buy a nice ****in fox for 6k. Hell Id think really hard if someone offered me 6 for mine. Go look on the car classifieds on corral

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Only if you love the car would you throw that kind of money into it. But, that being said, you'd know what you have, with the paint that you desire. There is much to be said about doing a car yourself (or even paying for to make it your style), but if there isn't anything holding you to that car, then obviously it's time to jump ship.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty much what i've decided also. maybe i'll do a cheap paint job to get a few extra bucks out of it when i do sell

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you already have 6k I have a buddy selling his mustang.

I don't know everything but here is what I think I know. lol

1989 Ford Mustang LX
Maroon with grey interior
Body is straight and rust free. All glass is in good shape and intact.
Torque boxes are not beat to ****.
It has a forged 306
Aluminum heads
Custom cam
LT headers
Vortech Supercharger
Snow Meth kit
edelbrock up/low intake not sure which one. not a victor though.
t5
3.73 gears
weld draglites big n lils
hoosier DR in back
4 pt harnesses
battery in hatch with aluminum bat box and 1/0 wire.
not sure what else it has.
He tried running it twice first time out it was on 275/40/17 cobra r's and spun bad!!!!!
Think he ran a mid 13
He ran it the second time and still spun. think he trapped 115 or so.

Last he said he was selling it. think he is asking around 6k or so. pm me if your interested I will talk to him.

Not sure why he is selling it either. He just sold his 01 corvette and bought a Harley???

·
Registered
458 Posts
This was before the LT's, meth kit, aluminum heads (It had power heads E7's)
Now it is a different animal. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts