Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well... i'm stuck in a tough spot.

some of you have probably read the threads I made about my brothers 99 cobra burning oil, and pretty much giving up on him today.... wellll....

he has decided to have the motor rebuilt/refreshed, and afterwards, wants to get rid of it (he is a truck guy...just got the cobra on a good deal)

here is my problem.

you can go in my garage and see my mods on my GT, but i'm SERIOUSLY considering selling mine to get the cobra. The paint job on the cobra isnt the greatest, but I could live with that for a while.. .I'm thinking on down the road having a 4V to put a lot of money into versus my 2V.

My GT is pretty much full bolt-on, suspension, full exhaust blah blah blah and i'm more than satisfied with it, and the cobra has 4.10's,exhaust, JLT RAI & a Diablo

what should i do? and why/why not get it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
99 Cobra sucks, it had one mess of issues regarding its lack of the advertised horsepower. the 01 Cobra featured the fixes for the horrible 99 issues. Keep that GT and forge it up or swap it to a 5.4, thats what I'm gonna do with mine. Take into consideration that you already have a solid axle and a lighter body than the Cobras.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
99 Cobra sucks, it had one mess of issues regarding its lack of the advertised horsepower. the 01 Cobra featured the fixes for the horrible 99 issues. Keep that GT and forge it up or swap it to a 5.4, thats what I'm gonna do with mine. Take into consideration that you already have a solid axle and a lighter body than the Cobras.
Ford had a recall on the 99s. If the original owner was paying attention, then if would have been fixed. Solid axle is only good for a drag, if he wants to raod race, then the IRS is MUCH better. Plus, a simple live axle swap and now there is very little weight difference.

·
Registered
922 Posts
you can sell your GT and get a much nicer cobra than one with a wore out engine and paint job.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Keep the GT.
If your happy why change for something your iffy about?

·
Registered
748 Posts
keep the GT. the time and money invested was put there for a reason. if you aint sure about the cobra dont bother then.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input... after weighing all of my options and what it would cost to get the cobra to where i would want it, it would not be worth it.......

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
yeah gt ftw on this one.

if u want a cobra get a 01 or something. or a termi:)

machs are nice too!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
i could have got a 99 cobra for about 2k less than i bought my gt for a couple weeks later, but just lookin at it, they werent that nice a car, paint was **** and the body just looked like a normal mustang. i said **** it since my gt is in perfect condition. i say keep your gt, if it was a 03 than id say cobra, but **** the 99.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts