Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a 99+ GT rearend delivered to my house this afternoon and am wondering what i should build/buy. I'm trying to have a fully built rear before i install it so i wont have to remove the rear a sencond time for upgrades. I am getting the rear only, no control arms, DS, exhaust, etc.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
get a 31 spline diff from a 03/04 cobra, get a good set of gears, moser 31 spline axles with ABS rings installed.

and take it to a reputable shop to have the axle tubes welded, and rear end assembled.

your driveshaft will work, you jsut need to swap over the cobra pinion flange. i have a nice set of LCA's ill sell you if your interested.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You do know you can get a 31 spline diff out of an explorer and just throw in the carbon clutch kit or get the clutch upgrade kit that replaces the spacer in the clutch packs with another clutch disc. Then buy your 31 spline axles to go with it. Hell of alot cheaper, and very strong.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
get a 31 spline diff from a 03/04 cobra, get a good set of gears, moser 31 spline axles with ABS rings installed.

and take it to a reputable shop to have the axle tubes welded, and rear end assembled.

your driveshaft will work, you jsut need to swap over the cobra pinion flange. i have a nice set of LCA's ill sell you if your interested.
Yeah but I like my locker.... yeah its embarrassing when you pull into a parking spot but when someone goes to ask you what that noise is they feel like the retard after you tell them. :) Not only that I don't think I'm going to break it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IRS?? ary you keeping it?

I was wondering if you are planning on keeping the IRS. If you are planning on getting rid of it I would be interested in purchasing/ trading for it as well as the cradel that it sits in.

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts