Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TOB is bad on my car it chatters like hell and now when the clutch is engaged it is starting to squeak. I have been driving the car for a year with the TOB issue, could this be a sign that its starting to get really messed up?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
how many miles doe it have? you might as well replace the clutch while you're in there so you don't have to do it twice

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't feel bad AndrewA, I have the same issue with the chattering. I'm worried the clutch will go when I'm moving from NY to SC this month.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Im going to save you time, money, and future frustration....Buy a effing OEM TOB, and not the pieces of **** that come with a clutch kit, unless you want to be in the same boat as me and have to drop your transmission for the second time in 6 months to replace the damn thing again. :mad:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was looking at the Pilot bearing, and TOB on FRPP site. Currently unemployed and in the process of relocating to SC. So I can't do anything till I get settled in and have money.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Go OEM or you will die a horrible death.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
^What she said.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im going to save you time, money, and future frustration....Buy a effing OEM TOB, and not the pieces of **** that come with a clutch kit, unless you want to be in the same boat as me and have to drop your transmission for the second time in 6 months to replace the damn thing again. :mad:
ya i was just going to get a OEM i have seen too many post about guys here having that issue. Im just getting a little worried that the clutch is on its last leg. The chattering and all noise would stop when i would push the clutch in but now it SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS

Is replacing that TOB easy enough to do it myself or is a it too much trouble and better to wait till i get some cash to fix the clutch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts