Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought me a set on ebay, brand new for $285 plus free shipping. If anyone is looking for shocks check out ebay. Its a great price.:yes

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have been trying to figure out what exactly those will do??? I know better suspension of course but I am just wondering what roll they play in the whole suspension outlook...
Is that for 2 two or a whole set??
Are they Adjstable???
and
How long is Istallation estimated???

Just trying to figure out what to buy first suspension wise... lol

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been trying to figure out what exactly those will do??? I know better suspension of course but I am just wondering what roll they play in the whole suspension outlook...
Is that for 2 two or a whole set??
Are they Adjstable???
and
How long is Istallation estimated???

Just trying to figure out what to buy first suspension wise... lol
Yea its for the set. They arent adjustable.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What made you decide on those over the d-specs?
I figured why would I need 16 ways of adjustability for just the street. Im not road racing or anything. I didnt think it would be worth it. Plus I didnt want to spend that extra cash.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
They are not for cornering though???
You can definitely corner with them. It is just that shocks and struts cannot do it alone. Lowering springs will help that by lowering the car. Lower center of gravity=better handling. These HP shocks are a good mixture of handling and great street ride and can also handle being used with lowering springs.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are not for cornering though???

A shock absorber is designed to smooth out a sudden shock impulse and dissipate kinetic energy. Shock absorbers are an important part of a vehicle’s suspension.

In a vehicle, it will reduce the effect of traveling over any rough ground. If there were no shock absorbers, the vehicle would just have a very bouncy ride, as energy is stored in the springs and then released to the vehicle. This could possibly exceed the allowed range of suspension movement.

• To control excessive suspension movement without shock absorption, it will require stiffer springs. This then would give a harsh ride.

• Shock absorbers allow the use of soft springs, and at the same time it controls the rate of suspension movement in response to any bumps.

They also, with hysteresis in the tire itself, damp the motion of the unsprung weight up and down on the springiness of the tire. Since the tire is not as soft as the springs, to get effective wheel bounce, damping may require stuffer shocks than what would be ideal for the vehicle motion alone.

Pneumatic and hydraulic shock absorbers often take the form of a cylinder with a sliding piston inside. Here the cylinder must be filled with a viscous fluid, which is either hydraulic fluid or air. This fluid filled piston or cylinder combustion is then a dashpot (mechanical device or damper that resists motion via viscous friction).

Spring based shock absorbers often use [COLOR=#000088! important][COLOR=#000088! important]coil springs[/COLOR][/COLOR] or leaf springs, torsion bars can be used in torsional shocks as well. Ideal springs alone, are not shock absorbers as springs only store, they do not dissipate or absorb energy. Vehicles mostly use springs or torsion bars as well as hydraulic shock absorbers. In this combination the shock absorbers or the shocks (as we know them) is reversed specifically for the hydraulic piston that absorbs and dissipates vibration.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks, Mr. wizard:D
seriously, though...good info

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That is great info would rep you if I didnt just already...
"Since the tire is not as soft as the springs, to get effective wheel bounce, damping may require stuffer shocks than what would be ideal for the vehicle motion alone."
Does that mean no wheel hop... And would a Eibach Pro kit be ok with this setup....

I am sorry to ask so many questions but I am really interested now lol...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
wheel hop is not associated with bumps in the ground, but rather the axle trying to move upwards while under a hard launch from torque. Control arms will kill wheel hop

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is great info would rep you if I didnt just already...
"Since the tire is not as soft as the springs, to get effective wheel bounce, damping may require stuffer shocks than what would be ideal for the vehicle motion alone."
Does that mean no wheel hop... And would a Eibach Pro kit be ok with this setup....

I am sorry to ask so many questions but I am really interested now lol...
These would work great with the pro kit. LCA's and relocation brackets will combat wheel hop. I have never had a problem with wheel hop though so I am saving that mod for a latter date. Questions are meant to be answered to shoot away. We all learn from this. No question is one to many or stupid IMO. Thanks for the rep :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I really appreciate all the info in both Threads tonight mustang fanatic... I have a pretty good Idea of what I want to do now... I am going to write it down throw it up on my bulliten board and try and get it accomplished before summer... lol
Work is just starting to pick up for me so I should have enough by then... Just so much to do in so little time...

-Joe

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really appreciate all the info in both Threads tonight mustang fanatic... I have a pretty good Idea of what I want to do now... I am going to write it down throw it up on my bulliten board and try and get it accomplished before summer... lol
Work is just starting to pick up for me so I should have enough by then... Just so much to do in so little time...

-Joe
Yea, no problem. Make sure you post your list in a thread so we can help get you the best prices from an online store or through one of our site vendors. Also so we can give advice. :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Yea, no problem. Make sure you post your list in a thread so we can help get you the best prices from an online store or through one of our site vendors. Also so we can give advice. :)
I will be sure to do that in a couple hours... I have to go detail and wax my families cars... My car gets first dibs of course... lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts