Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive been looking for shocks n struts... and i really want to go with bilsteins but ive been finding tokicos for half the price of bilsteins. Is there that much of a difference between the two?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Depends on which tokico. Bilsteins are great but tokico makes some very nice stuff as well.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats the thing ... i really dont know much about shocks ...so i dont know how much i would actually use the adjustables... im going to do maybe 3 road courses this summer and hit the drag strip a couple times...im not going to be racing everyweekend so not sure what would be best for me. I have the FRP C springs waiting on shocks to install everything at same time.

·
Banned
848 Posts
i'd do the tokico bullitt racing suspension (without the springs that is)

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I run the Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks and love them. Once you start playing with the adjustment you will use them more than you think expecially on autoX or roadcourse racing. They take about 1 min to adjust all 4

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The Illuminas and the D spec are both very nice. The Tokico HP are basically stock tho. They will work fine, but are not anything all that great. If you want an adjustable, Id do the D spec, I've heard it is the nicest adjustable on the market. However the Illuminas, seem to be more of a drag shock compared to the D spec. If you want a non adjustable, the bilstein are the best IMO. But if you are getting in to the really high end, the Koni Yellows are better than the Bilstein HD's. The Bilstein are better when re-valved by Maximum Motorsports.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Plus if you get the D-Spec, you can get the remote adjustables. soo sexy

·
Registered
110 Posts
Unless your big into road racing....the 5-way adjustables should be more than enough. I know shortly after I installed my tokico 5 way adj, they came out with like 15 way adjustables.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok...so i think I might go with the 5 way adjustables i found them on ebay for $350...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts