Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got the black bullitt rims on my car that ive been "working on" for months... The rims looks great but now my car needs a goddamn drop! Holy SH*T, she sits like a tonka truck!

Ill probably end up cutting the springs about a coil, but we'll have to see about that, because mi padre doesnt want me to lower teh car... :(

( i'll have to just sneak them in :) )

anywhere, here are some pics (and yes i know, she is dirty as hell!)

[ADDED SOME CLOSE UPS!]

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Looks good with the rims... Any rear shot of the car?! A drop is necessary.... :yes I'm not saying do what Zat did to his front springs but those look really good! I believe he cut 2 coils... Then maybe just cut the rears 1.25 or 1.5...:dunno

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good with the rims... Any rear shot of the car?! A drop is necessary.... :yes I'm not saying do what Zat did to his front springs but those look really good! I believe he cut 2 coils... Then maybe just cut the rears 1.25 or 1.5...:dunno
i dont have any rear shots of the car at the moment (ill take better pictures after she gets all washed up)
And as for the drop, im pretty sure zat went with 2 coils, like you said, but thats just way too low for me realistically... I would love to have that drop, but i will get my ass handed to me if i went that low... lol. My dad doesnt want me to lower the car, while i do, and if i went that low, he would obviously notice... IF i go with 1ish coil, i might be able to play it off somehow... lol

Someone give me a good excuse!!! :)

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I'm pretty sure he went 2 coils. His car was slammed and he wanted it to almost scrape the ground :p

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Has he seen the car yet? Show him... He'll say yes for sure! :lol

Just do it... What's he gonna do when it's already done?! Especially if you cut your springs... It'd be irreversible... Worst case scenario is him making you buy new/used stock springs which is pointless...:D

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I'm pretty sure he went 2 coils. His car was slammed and he wanted it to almost scrape the ground :p
I'm not saying I'd do something like that... Heck, I'm already having scraping issues with my Eibachs! Lol ...but I do like how it looks!:yes... Especially how perfect thE wheels fill the fenderwell... But for regular bullitts, it might not be the same story...

....also, 1.5" spacers might help with the gap on the rears... If there is any... Offset-wise...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has he seen the car yet? Show him... He'll say yes for sure! :lol

Just do it... What's he gonna do when it's already done?! Especially if you cut your springs... It'd be irreversible... Worst case scenario is him making you buy new/used stock springs which is pointless...:D
yes hes seen it... and i was actually just going to cut them and then put on on my rims, so i could play it off like the rims made my car lower... hahahah

but i had been working on so many damn car projects this week, that i just couldnt tackle another one, and since these rims were finally done and sitting in my buddies garage, i just had to throw them on

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
yes hes seen it... and i was actually just going to cut them and then put on on my rims, so i could play it off like the rims made my car lower... hahahah

but i had been working on so many damn car projects this week, that i just couldnt tackle another one, and since these rims were finally done and sitting in my buddies garage, i just had to throw them on

I say just cut them... If he notices any difference... Tell him it's the rims that make the car look like it's sitting lower... If not, good for you! What's he gonna do, disown you?! :lmao

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I say just cut them... If he notices any difference... Tell him it's the rims that make the car look like it's sitting lower... If not, good for you! What's he gonna do, disown you?! :lmao
hahaha yea, he'll disown me..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where'd you get those rims at? I've been looking at some black bullit rims. But the color scheme i'm looking at going for in my car is going to be black with red.

those rims would be perfect

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
uhhh huh, you know what it is!
black & red
black & red
black & red...
wait, thats not right is it.... :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts