Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to within the next couple months possibly selling my sixer and get a GT. I've found a few in the local, (sacramento, california) area and stumbled upon this one that i like, but im wondering with the mileage if its way overpriced being that its at a dealership.

Just wanted some opinions and things to look out for when looking at a GT especially a manual one.

http://www.carexpoauto.com/vehicle-details/444f4d2e3feeca4680c104c728e87a45/

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
link?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
idk IMO both seem high...the 2nd one isnt bad though I guess. Pricey vary from sections of the country too...

there are 2v GT's going for mid 6's in MO around 110k plus

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
It has been my experience that dealers' list prices are high because people want trade-in gold for their junk cars. As soon as you say no trade in, the price comes down. It comes down again if you say cash.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I can see Cali having prices at the higher end. You have to look around to see what they are goin for in your area. Check pricing on 2 or 3 sites to get an idea of the value. Use the lowest for bargaining. You could prolly get em cheaper privately. With a ten year old car your not really getting anything more from a dealer, especially a used car dealer. They may be able to hide problems better?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm looking to within the next couple months possibly selling my sixer and get a GT. I've found a few in the local, (sacramento, california) area and stumbled upon this one that i like, but im wondering with the mileage if its way overpriced being that its at a dealership.

Just wanted some opinions and things to look out for when looking at a GT especially a manual one.

QUALITY PRE-OWNED VEHICLES | Car Expo Auto | 2003 Ford Mustang GT PREMIUM ... 5 SPEED MANUAL
Kinda pricey, I got mine for $4500 plus tax from a dealer with 145k.

Im willing to drive to Sacramento to buy your wheels if there for sale, or give you mine plus cash :)

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
OP, get dsg :yes

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
That first one is way too expensive for stock with that many miles and a broken fog light. The second one isn't horrible but you'd probably be better off just buying it private party. If I were to do it over again I would look for a lightly modified gt with suspension work and some bolt ons since they aren't usually that much more expensive. It's way cheaper to buy a modded car vs. modding a stock one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Damn , I got mine for 5600 including taxes and all... Keep looking around it took me about a month to find mine , all mustangs around here are overpriced . Keep looking you will find a good deal

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
^ You couldn't pay me 1500 to drive that pile. :lol

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
I don't understand why people buy these cars with such expensive pricetags. I'd gladly sell mine for $6,000 and it only has 82k on the clock. Someone just needs to come to PA and pick up my stang so I can buy a new car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
It is all about location. I would much rather pay a little bit more for a southwest or CA car then a car from back east. Weather plays a huge part in it. I have seen too many cars ruined in short order by road salts and constant wet weather that is more prevalent in eastern regions then in states like CA, AZ etc.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts