Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed team z double adjustable lower control arms about a week and a half ago. I haven't been to the track yet to see how much difference they make because I was waiting on my tires to come in and I need to get my flsfcs welded in bit as of now I hate them. Hate them to the point im tempted to put my stock ones back on. My car had no rattles or other noise before. Now it sounds like a pos. Is there any way to quiet theses things down? They're driving me insaine. I can't stand my car sounding like a piece. I thought about graphite powder but am afraid I will have to reapplly it really offer. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
theres no real way to quiet them down much.

those style of lowers are meant for hardcore cars that need them & when you need them you generally don't mind the noise.

all the guys that are balls deep in that style of susp. & recomend them so much don't really understand there not needed for the average car & there will be noise & harshness as a trade off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. I really do mind the noise and my car gets way more street use than track use. With that being said im guessing I don't really need them any suggestions on double adjistables that aren't noisy that would be sufficient for moderate track use?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
When they say there will be some increase in noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) that is what they meant. They are specialized drag racing control arms.

I'm running UPR ProSeries UCA/LCAs. At first the NVH wasn't bad. Only a little vibration above 70 mph. But this year my car has developed a squeeking, creaking noise in the back that is driving me crazy. I'm not sure its the control arms though. It sounds more like the interior body panels rubbing together. I should have been forewarned. A member of this forum was complaining about his just before I bought mine.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
why do you need a double adjustable lower? you should be fine with a conventional lower unless your rear is way out of wack

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
why do you need a double adjustable lower? you should be fine with a conventional lower unless your rear is way out of wack
beat me to it, but I would ask the same thing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't they have to be double adjustable so you can adjust the pinion angle without unbolting one end? I don't know a whole lot about the suspension ie. uppers lowers.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
lowers dont do anything about the pinion angle. Uppers are what change pinion angle

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What im saying is I don't really know what I need. I drive my car maybe 5 thousand miles a year. Go to the track 2 to 3 times a year. I work away from home and that's all I get to drive it.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The adjustable lowers are just used to make minor wheelbase adjustments, something 99% of people don't need.

If you think those are noisy, don't add adjustable uppers with heim joints in them, and spherical bushings in the axle side.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok obivously I have no idea about the uppers or lowers. Suggestions on what would work best for me without the noise? Looking for traction improvements.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Please turn in your Mancard :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So are the che ones better or the steeda aluminum ones?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
So are the che ones better or the steeda aluminum ones?
I personally would never run Steeda control arms as they are way overpriced for what they are.

CHE stuff is very well made & fairly priced & they work very well as evidenced by the numbers people on here & other places are getting on them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I personally would never run Steeda control arms as they are way overpriced for what they are.

CHE stuff is very well made & fairly priced & they work very well as evidenced by the numbers people on here & other places are getting on them.
Thanks man. I knew the steedas were pricey but didn't know of it was for the name or if it was actually quality

1 - 17 of 17 Posts