Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I had no idea. Thanks for this eagle!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I drove a v6 new edge once and it was so slow I couldn't help but laugh. Back when I had a 99 Ford Explorer Sport with off road Y pipe, ported TB, tuned for 93 octane, full exhaust and electric fan, I would beat bone stock V6 new edge mustangs. Sure the Explorer had mods but it had the aero dynamics of a loaf of bread and the weight factor.

The V6 mustang was always under powered and painfully slow up until 2011. This sealed their reputation as being a girl or teenager car. Couple this with the fact that kids think it's the fastest thing going and the butt hurt is so real when you try to tell them otherwise, their reputation has been forever sealed.

The v8 and American sports\muscle cars will always be the norm. Anything else just seems out of place in this scene. It's just the way it is.

And don't get me started on the exhaust debate. The V6 will never sound like a v8.
Yeah they are pretty slow in stock form. They can sound okay if you make the right muffler choice but most people don't, lol

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Yeah they are pretty slow in stock form. They can sound okay if you make the right muffler choice but most people don't, lol
What is the right muffler choice?

·
Registered
85 Posts
im 29yrs old right now.

my coworker is saying i have a 'teenager' car and need to sell it.

i come home tell my wife about this and she said the same thing.... anyone else get told this? lol just curious
Tell your "coworker" that s/he needs to sit down and STFU ... :)

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
thats pretty ridiculous sounds like his wife wont let him have anything but the dodge caravan so he feels stupid. My dad is 60 and he recently bought a 2014 370Z his siblings and neighbors (all around the same age) made fun of him because its a kids car, I don't know about where you live but I couldn't afford a almost brand new anything sporty when I was in high school/college. I bought my mustang when I was in college for 12K and that was a **** ton of money for me back in 07. Usually people who have something negative to say is usually because they are jealous, or they just don't understand that sometimes you want to own something that doesn't look like an appliance on wheels in the sea of neutral colors.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
thats pretty ridiculous sounds like his wife wont let him have anything but the dodge caravan so he feels stupid. My dad is 60 and he recently bought a 2014 370Z his siblings and neighbors (all around the same age) made fun of him because its a kids car, I don't know about where you live but I couldn't afford a almost brand new anything sporty when I was in high school/college. I bought my mustang when I was in college for 12K and that was a **** ton of money for me back in 07. Usually people who have something negative to say is usually because they are jealous, or they just don't understand that sometimes you want to own something that doesn't look like an appliance on wheels in the sea of neutral colors.
This x1000

I have a lot of older guys and customers tell me they got rid of their mustang because the car seat didn't fit in the back. I made it fit...I just couldn't have a passenger lol. Getting rid of my stang wasn't an option.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
This x1000

I have a lot of older guys and customers tell me they got rid of their mustang because the car seat didn't fit in the back. I made it fit...I just couldn't have a passenger lol. Getting rid of my stang wasn't an option.
I just bought another car that would make a car seat easier lol, although I take my kids in my mustang from time to time

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
It's a matter of how many kids you have and how much effort you're willing to go through to do it. It can be done but it's not really practical or convenient and there are many much easier options.

With how much room modern car seats take up, I honestly don't know how you managed to properly fit on backwards in the back of a NE. I can easily a car seat in my Grand Cherokee. But in order to properly fit it with everything at the correct angle, I have to move the front seat a little bit and the Jeep has WAY more room than the Mustang.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dam if this guy said it's a teenagers car I'm not sure what he'd think of me. I'm 49 this year and just picked up a 03 GT. Bought it bone stock and have been adding things to it that I want to my likings and on top of that I also drive a Suzuki gsxr 1000 sport bike. That would really send him over the deep end. :grin2::wink2: my personnel opinion is this person that made this statement possibly can't afford a mustang of any sorte. Doesn't matter your age or what you drive as long as your happy with what you have!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a "Performance Car - Car Guy" and I will switch from Ford to Chevy and back and forth. My true love is Big Tire, Big Motor, Blower sticking out of the hood, in your face, insane HP.

I've now had over 50 what I would consider "really nice" Performance Vehicles, but I started with Mustangs and I always go back to them. I had Mustangs when I was 16, I had them in my 20's, 30's, & 40's , and I'm still driving them at 56. And for the record I bought it from a 78 yr old orig owner.

I'd be the first to say there are way to many Mustangs out there and the sad truth is to the un-Stanged there's no difference from a 4 Cyl to a Super Snake. So whenever I go back to a Stang I make sure it's unique, I make sure it has good to crazy weight to HP ratio, and I make sure it sticks out

And if someone don't like my Fat Bald Old Ass getting out of it who gives a chit, after they've owned them for 5 decades then they can talk to me :grin2:

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Dam if this guy said it's a teenagers car I'm not sure what he'd think of me. I'm 49 this year and just picked up a 03 GT. Bought it bone stock and have been adding things to it that I want to my likings and on top of that I also drive a Suzuki gsxr 1000 sport bike. That would really send him over the deep end. :grin2::wink2: my personnel opinion is this person that made this statement possibly can't afford a mustang of any sorte. Doesn't matter your age or what you drive as long as your happy with what you have!!
How long did it take you to find a non-ragged-out stock 03 GT? lol

41 - 53 of 53 Posts