Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me figure out if the mechanic guy who did the alignment is bullshitting or not. This is the same guy that apparently Blow By Racing sends all their lowered cars to get aligned so I figure he knows what he is talking about.

Basically I took the car there last Friday after getting my car lowered. I have Steeda HD Strut mounts that also have the camber/caster plates in them. Now the car pulls slightly to the right but the guy says because of the camber specs, it wont wear the tire. The problem here he says is the caster is maxed out on both sides and he cant do any more adjustments. So the caster is the position on where the wheel is in reference to how close to the front bumper and back bumper it is in the wheel well is my understanding. Even though everything is in spec, I just want to make sure if I need to get a second opinion somewhere because he said he cant do anything more for me.

Included is the specs sheet. Could someone please tell me what they think about this.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
If its all within specs which it looks like, then I wouldn't worry about it. Those specs are what ford has set.. Those are all acceptable readings, and as long as they are in the range that Ford says are acceptable, then I wouldn't worry..

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I would have him make the left side -1.1 like the right but i dont see ne thing wrong. The Steeda Mounts allow 1 degree of camber adjustment. You were at -2.2 and you went to -1.1. Thats about as close to 1 degree of adjustment as you probably gonna get

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I just don't get how he had -2.2 degrees of camber before the alignment... That's a **** load.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You said the car pulls to the right after the alignment? Hmm...that doesn't sound right...I thought the alignment would be so that the car goes straight AND doesn't wear tires....

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drummerdude... that's what I thought... but to my understanding, the caster part of it seems like the front left wheel is more forward than the front right wheel which is why it pulls ..but the camber aspect since it is almost even, is what is dependant on the tires wearing properly.

anyone can back me up on if this is true or not?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I just don't get how he had -2.2 degrees of camber before the alignment... That's a **** load.
No ****! If i were you and your caster was off, sell the STEEDA's and get the MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS ones that are CAMBER/CASTER plates.

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I installed the Roush trak pak suspension mine was off or maxed out on one side. The reason was because during installation it says to center the plates and then retighten. I did not center one side and therefor it was stuck in a range of +2 to -1 or something like that. I just had to loosen some areas, center the plate and retighten and then the range was right again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts