Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
No 132 mph lol. 6 psi it'll prob do 115 because you have a set of heads. Could be other issues for hitting 15's. It can happen on a 6lb spring if ther things aren't right.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
I doubt he is going to stick to 6lbs.

only combo I seen that i knew the hole set up was trapping 128 with just GT40 heads/intake and bolt ons. heads where ported pretty good. I'm pretty sure he was only showing 10lb's of boooooooost too. It was the on3 kit, no tuning, guy was just playing with fuel pressure and watching his wide band.... haven't heard from him in about a year, so I assumed he blew the motor from not tuning it properly.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....u guys are forgetting im not really into drag racing...but ill bring it to lebanon valley and see what i do..i wouldnt doubt 12s ill have to baby the launch..1 dont have slicks and dont want to spin 2 i dont have to break anything

And yes im going to stay between 6 and 8 lbs of boost.....it doesnt take much on these 5.0s plus my car is light...shell run great ive been drivingher the last two days....total monster cant wait to get it tuned and get the rockers adjusted

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I tried to do the completely untuned thing, my car broke up so bad at wot, o.p. is doing the right thing though. And army I beleive you. Tons of fast explorer parts car. Dude at the local 8th mile yesterday in a lx hatch, c4, eddy intake, pheads, bcam did 7.00 but managed 106 mph. Thats enough for mid 130 mph. Well into the 10's too. He launched from idle. Had an mpt70.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Why are C4s only good for drag? You do realize people drove forever, all over the street, and country with them, right?
I don't agree that they're only for drag. But if it's going to see a lot of miles in the good weather, I prefer something with overdrive myself, so I can partially see the point. If I didn't put so many miles on my fox in the summer, I would do a c4 in a heartbeat, mainly cause they're ****in cheap for the power they can handle compared to anything with an OD, especially when you get into needing more than a synchro'd TKO-600.

·