Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unsucessful trying to cut my front springs with a sawzall with a thick metal cutting blade I need to know what can I get at home depot to cut it? I know alot of you are cheap and cut your springs :D

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
go pick up a $25 angle grinder with a cutting wheel and save yourself the trouble of doing it any other way lol...and besides you'll use an angle grinder down the road for something :yes

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 6er, ill post pics soon

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Paint em with red rustoleum. make em shine!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my car dropped so nicely. Ill post pictures soon. Tomorrow will be fun driving trying to avoid slopes haha

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 1/4 front and 1 rear with ducttape isos. The stance is insane and really low

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if it's too low for your preference you can always add back in the rubber ISO's...:yes
My car is perfect stance now, I got spacers but i need bigger tires on my back. I have 16 inch rims that came with that I didn't really think were that bad looking, and lowering my car I love it with the 16 inchers and alot of tire.
Pictures soon and ill try to find the drop height

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
could a dremel work? :D
it might, but im sure it would take quite a while lol.

and from what ive heard it is best not to heat up the springs while cutting and a dremel will probably do that based on how long it will take for one of those little cut off wheels to get through the spring.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
it might, but im sure it would take quite a while lol.

and from what ive heard it is best not to heat up the springs while cutting and a dremel will probably do that based on how long it will take for one of those little cut off wheels to get through the spring.
Ive heard the same thing about how its bad to heat up the spring. I definitely wouldnt be wanting to do that...

But i read somewhere that while the dremel itself might get hot, the dremel wont have enough power/ torque to heat up the actual spring...

I dont know if thats right though.

While an angle grinder would be ideal for this project, im just trying to be ****ing MacGyver and find something at my house that would work lol (plus i dont want to spend money... hahahah)

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
if you have a retool nearby you can buy a used grinder for cheap...or pony up the $25 for a new cheap one

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
if you have a retool nearby you can buy a used grinder for cheap...or pony up the $25 for a new cheap one
yea yea yea, hahah.

unless you havent already noticed, im a cheap bastard.

anyway, besides the grinder, what other tools could possibly accomplish this job without compromising the integrity of the spring?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
yea yea yea, hahah.

unless you havent already noticed, im a cheap bastard.

anyway, besides the grinder, what other tools could possibly accomplish this job without compromising the integrity of the spring?
hack saw...get to cutting now lol if you want to be done by tomarrow night :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts