Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 automatic 5.0, two days ago i topped my car 130mph i was very dissapointed. lol is there anyway i can improve top speed without sacrificing acceleration??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Reduce rotating mass such as aluminum wheels, drive shaft, also under drive pullies, they all let the engine spin more freely. Unless you have the computer modified to raise the top speed limit i wouldn't worry about it because the 5.0 shuts off in the 130s anyway.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
i have a 95 automatic 5.0, two days ago i topped my car 130mph i was very dissapointed. lol is there anyway i can improve top speed without sacrificing acceleration??
If you were in overdrive and you still have the stock 2.73 rear end, that'll be the reason. With stock gearing, you'll get a higher top speed in 3rd on an automatic. The best mod you can do is swap in a 3.73 ring & pinion. That way top speed will be in overdrive and the engine will be in its optimum operating range.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Ummm, what about the guys that go 160...170...180mph in the 1/4? Are they going to kill themselves too?

no actually they have roll cages and parachutes

and are on a flat paved safe road

duh

no one should be going 130 on public streets thats just how people die

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Sure, its possible. On the flip side, you can kill yourself going 40mph.. doing 130 doesnt make it more likely to happen... just causes a bigger mess to clean up. Speed doesnt kill you, the crash does. :)

lets see if i tried going 130 the car would get really shaky and out of control and the crash would happen a lot quicker

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
lets see if i tried going 130 the car would get really shaky and out of control and the crash would happen a lot quicker
(Laughing) Okay, if your car gets shaky at 130, and out of control as you put it.. then something is seriously wrong in the chassis or suspension... or both. Likewise, if something is wrong with the setup, you shouldnt be driving the car that fast in the first place. A properly setup car will handle just as good at 130mph, as it will at 40mph.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
(Laughing) Okay, if your car gets shaky at 130, and out of control as you put it.. then something is seriously wrong in the chassis or suspension... or both. Likewise, if something is wrong with the setup, you shouldnt be driving the car that fast in the first place. A properly setup car will handle just as good at 130mph, as it will at 40mph.
its 40 years old with no power streering.........

4 drum brakes etc

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Sure, its possible. On the flip side, you can kill yourself going 40mph.. doing 130 doesnt make it more likely to happen... just causes a bigger mess to clean up. Speed doesnt kill you, the crash does. :)
your right speed dont kill its the sudden stop :lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys are nuts lol look at what i started, yeah bullitt getting back to your post i have an automatic i hit 130 in third gear o/d off. 4th gear doesn't pull at all.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
no actually they have roll cages and parachutes

and are on a flat paved safe road

duh

no one should be going 130 on public streets thats just how people die
I dont know how, but i missed this post.

People die riding bycicles, or walking down the street. Going 130 on a pubic road is stupid... i absolutely agree with you there, but it doesnt make him more likely to get killed.

Now come here so i can spank that lil ass of yours for arguing with me! :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Isn't the whole point of the forums is to answer peoples questions? He wanted to go over 130, thats his choice and none of yours. Its our jobs to just answer his questions and help him out.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Isn't the whole point of the forums is to answer peoples questions? He wanted to go over 130, thats his choice and none of yours. Its our jobs to just answer his questions and help him out.
Now where did you get a foolish idea like that? ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts