Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the top speed of a 2002 mustang gt ?
I will never drive that fast I'm sure but I'm wondering .

GEEYAA//

·
Registered
400 Posts
stock?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
my buddy's 01 went 145, thats when the limiter shut it down. doc's mach shut down are 125 before the xcal3. i never hit a limiter in my 2k, ive had it up to 161.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have seen a tad over 150 before the gears but I did have a custom sct tune and heads/cam cai, pulleys and a few other lil bolt ons.With the gears I don't know but I am sure its considerably less.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
say you unlock the limiter... how fast do you think you could get in 5th with 3.73's before you redline with 265rwhp? whats something you cold compair that to?
the fastest i've ever been is 135+

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
say you unlock the limiter... how fast do you think you could get in 5th with 3.73's before you redline with 265rwhp? whats something you cold compair that to?
the fastest i've ever been is 135+
you could probably hit 160ish, but after that power is going to limit you, you need lots of power to accelerate the car once up to those speeds.

5th gear with 3.73's should go somewhere around 220 or so.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My stock 02 Gt did 135 before i ran outta road

·
Registered
293 Posts
when my car was stock i was bouncing the speedometer.. but i haven't tried it since then.. i got a tomtom that tells me my accurate speed now so i'm goin to try it again sumtime in the middle of the day when i can actually see the cops.. lol

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
you could probably hit 160ish, but after that power is going to limit you, you need lots of power to accelerate the car once up to those speeds.

5th gear with 3.73's should go somewhere around 220 or so.
damn! 160 is fast enough... i'd never wanna go that fast. It starts gettin really scary after 130.

Its crazy how much faster 130 feel than 100... 60 doesnt feel like anything compared to 30. Its some scary stuff.

How about with 400rwhp? how fast with 3.73's? 190 or so?

·
Registered
187 Posts
basically stock 03, ive hit 135ish, and backed off. ive heard of people hitting 145 w/ no tuner, but i havent done it.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
i hit bout 137 with just exhuast and there was still some left just ran outa road.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My buddy when he had an auto 2000gt went 143 stock, when he had an 03 cobra he hit the limiter at 165. I have an 01 bullitt, im guessing 145-150 on it.

400whp wont be getting 190...

I've been in an 02 Z06 that had almost 400whp and could only do 174

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have an 03 gt, got it to 135, no more :( had plenty of road too

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Hp is the main limiting factor for top speed. I think the hp needs to increase exponentially for each mph after a certain speed. 5th gear is a super tall gear and will need TONS of TQ to be usable. I was in a stock 02 GT (cat back only) at about 155 going down a slight grade.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'm sorry... but there are a ton of you bs'ing... You cant go faster than 135 on a gt w/o a tuner or a chip... and i see a ton of you say you are going faster with just a few mods and no tuner or chip... GT's are electronically limited to 135mph!

and 03 cobras only read to 160 and i'm 150% positive that the limiter is set below that... probably 150 or so

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Hp is the main limiting factor for top speed. I think the hp needs to increase exponentially for each mph after a certain speed. 5th gear is a super tall gear and will need TONS of TQ to be usable. I was in a stock 02 GT (cat back only) at about 155 going down a slight grade.
Jgorm.... i sent you an email on tricktuners... Your pm mailbox is full here on MM

1 - 20 of 172 Posts