Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I reinstall the drive shaft how do I go about topping off the transmission fluid without over filling it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is a fill hole on the side of the transmission, open that up and use a hand pump, like what you can get at any auto store, and fill it till the level is just below the hole, if you fill it and it starts coming out of the hole just let it come out till it stops and put the plug back in and vola you're done. Any questions feel.free to pm me. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or you could just take the shifter off and fill from there. Obviously stop filling when it comes out the fill hole
Cool I'll probably do this as I'm about to have to buy differential fluid as well and don't want to have to spend any more money by buying a hand pump.

So just open up the fill hole and pour in fluid after removing the shifter until it starts to seep out?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Unfortunately its all over the floor and somewhat evaporated....
Transmission fluid will not evaporate

Sent from my LG-AS680 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
484 Posts
brtnstrns Take the shifter off and dump it in. A tr3650 takes 3.2 quarts of GM syncromesh i use the penzoil in the yellow bottle and it works good. Stay away from royal purple.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brtnstrns Take the shifter off and dump it in. A tr3650 takes 3.2 quarts of GM syncromesh i use the penzoil in the yellow bottle and it works good. Stay away from royal purple.
Well the fluid is mostly full. Just a little leaked out from removing the driveshaft. If I don't have to flush it that would be preferable which is why I'm wondering if I can do it without over filling it while just topping it off to the right level.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Put the secret sauce in it:

1.) 24oz (.75 quart) bottle of Lucas Tranny Fix
2.) 77.44oz (2.42 quarts) of Mobil1 Dextron III ATF fluid.

·
Registered
800 Posts
And replace the output shaft seal while you're at it, part number 1R3Z-7052-CA

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
honestly, just from swapping the driveshafts, I highly doubt you lost enough to even worry about it. It may look like a lot came out but in reality it didnt. Fluid spills have a tendency to look like they are bigger than what they really are

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
DO NOT fill up to the fill plug. That is too much fluid. Ford has a TSB for it even. I would drain the fluid and fill with correct ammount. 3.2qt's of synchromesh, you can also compensate some of that amount with somefriction modifier, it will shift like butter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts