Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my GF closed my hood with the saftey clips still attached to the pins at the car show this weekend. My driver side clip is bent to hell and back. So, I need to replace it. I currently have the Saftey Pin style:

Mr. Gasket 1016A Mr. Gasket Hood Pins

I would like to, since I have to replace them, order the Torison Clip style:

Mr. Gasket 1017A Mr. Gasket Hood Pins

Now... I am unsure if they will fit. Does anyone have an idea? I can not seem to find a measurement for the size of the clips' or the pins' holes.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
:lmao

It's a sign!!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
To get them off your car!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
My hood pin set came with both styles. they will fit, the hole in the pin is the same size for all

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get them off your car!
You know... she never really liked the pins in the first place :mad: She offered to pay for the replacements tho. Of course to keep the nights..umm..peaceful... I refused.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hood pin set came with both styles. they will fit, the hole in the pin is the same size for all
Alright cool. I think the Torison Clips look alot better than the saftey pin style. Makes me think of... well.. a Saftey Pin

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i had them on my car first but then switched to the safety pin style

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You know... she never really liked the pins in the first place :mad: She offered to pay for the replacements tho. Of course to keep the nights..umm..peaceful... I refused.
Maybe she did it on purpose? If so I like her already! :tomato

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had them on my car first but then switched to the safety pin style
Whys that? Just a preference? I don't like how the safety pin style has the loop that sticks so high up.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
they were a pain because the torsion on the clip was so tight.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See, I may need them then. My hood still vibrates a good bit with the safety clips.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
it all matters on the pin as to how tight they are on the hood. the torsion pins wont hold the hood down any tighter than the other clips

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya. I think I need to lower my pins down some. I just get worried about them bein to far down, pulling the pins out, and scratching the paint.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
they are bolted to the core support right? they wont pull out if they are

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep... where the hood stops were. The very bottom nut only has about 1/2 of the threads on however. It had to be that tall to have good clearance over the hood.

However I just drove 700 miles and nothing happened to them, plus I put atleast 100 miles on them before that.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i've had mine on since i bought the car but i threaded a sleeve and welded to a nut for on the bottom side

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
my gf told me mine were ugly too... w/e

personally, now that they are one my car i liek the safety pin style with the lanyards. zat did you bolt the pin under both layers of the support? if so you should change it so the the lower nut is just under the first layer. im not getting any hood movement at all!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my gf told me mine were ugly too... w/e

personally, now that they are one my car i liek the safety pin style with the lanyards. zat did you bolt the pin under both layers of the support? if so you should change it so the the lower nut is just under the first layer. im not getting any hood movement at all!
Nope, just the first layer

1 - 20 of 28 Posts