Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running a tork tech GT kit with Trickflow heads? I have a TT kit and am contemplating ported PI or trickflows.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I added MHS stage 2 ported heads with 1mm oversize valves with their stage 2.5 turbo cams to my turbo mustang. they did make a noticeable improvement for sure. and that is 100% without a retune yet.

if I were to do it again. I would go with the trickflow heads. the mhs heads are awesome!, dont get me wrong, this is noy about the trick flows outfloeing ported stock heads... but the one and only reason I would go trickflows if I were to do it again is that they have a redesigned chambers. they flip the intake valve to the other side of the camshaft. (so instead of valves/rockers being "sidebyside" they have one facing up. one facing down. and they eliminate the plug boss in the chamber. this collection of modifications greatly reduces any chance of predetonation which would allow you to run more boost on pump gas. (albeit a properly forged/studded lower end)

the downsides are that the stock trick flows have powdered metal bushings for the valves and lower quality valve material.

these can be upgraded though if needed.

I am very satisfied with my MHS heads.. but had I done it again I would run the trickflows in hopes of having more confidence in my tuner... perhaps I need another tuner, but I don't think so. this guy cares more about my mustang running pretty fast for a very long time instead of stupid fast for a very short time. (rare to find a veteran tuner who pushes for reliability instead of HP #'s to make sales)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a I have a set of comp xe262ah stage 1 cams for my NA motor. Will these perform ok with the tork tech eaton setup with their 113 lobe separation or should I definately go blower cams? Trying to decide if going to blower cams is really going to net gains worth of selling these cams and spending more $$?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
So a I have a set of comp xe262ah stage 1 cams for my NA motor. Will these perform ok with the tork tech eaton setup with their 113 lobe separation or should I definately go blower cams? Trying to decide if going to blower cams is really going to net gains worth of selling these cams and spending more $$?
Obviously it is not ideal if you want to maximize your setup. If you are on the stock bottom end, a set of N/A cams will help keep cylinder pressures down (leak some boost) which is helpful on stock rods and pistons. I'm personally running N/A cams on my boost stock bottom end car with no worries whatsoever.

If I were you...I would save the money and run the current cams IF you are on the stock bottom end still.

If built...that's another story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just know some NA cams are a lot worse to run with boost than others. I know a lot who run 270 comps and they have the same 113 lobe separation as the 262. The only difference in specs between for example the comp stage 1 blower cams vs NA cams is like 3 degrees lobe sep, the rest of I am correct are the same.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Not saying there’s not any gain to be made but with the comps at 113 degrees I don’t want to change if there’s like a 10 hp gain. I am NA right now but will be forged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts