Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
all 79-04 mustangs have torque boxes. there are the standard replacment kits and others lik eme weld up and reinfoce the stock ones before damage occurs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
how much power before you do in the stockers? (on slicks) (on street tires)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not nesseccarily power, its the torture they are put under. radials will beat them badly because they take no shock from the launch. it takes quiet a bit to mess them up, but when they get damage they can go down hill quick. mine were messed up a little and took a few hours to repair and reinforce.

·
Registered
468 Posts
learn something new everyday

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
not that i need to now, but what all is involved in reinforcing the stock ones

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
undamaged boxes can be welded up at seams and weak area's. if wanting to make even stronger, just take 16ga. or so metal and make templates to fit weak areas. basic fabing skills are needed, and need to be a competent welder or have some one that is.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
have any pics of yours? if i can fix the stocker before anything happens to it then that will save me from replacing it for a while
\

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
have any pics of yours? if i can fix the stocker before anything happens to it then that will save me from replacing it for a while
i can get some soon. i have the car up on stands right now. me and doc are about to do more work on them since i will be putting down a little more power soon. i have had the car since 33k miles, it hasnt had an easy day, and with more power, the days are about to get worse on the POS.

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all 79-04 mustangs have torque boxes. there are the standard replacment kits and others lik eme weld up and reinfoce the stock ones before damage occurs.

sorry, i typed all that and then reread it and couldn't edit it.

was wondering if people had bought the reinforcement kits. which ones and from where.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
here is a pic of my torque box on the drivers side. you can see how its welded up but there is still some damage i didnt get to fix yet.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
hold on, i am not any good with computers. i am trying to figure out how to get the images resized.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts