Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at a new torque converter and am wondering what stall to go with. Mainly im stuck between 3000 and 3500 for a street car. I have 4.2, m112, p&p heads and lower, jlt cai, p&p throttle body and plenum

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
how much power you expecting, what boost and slick or radials? 3500 would probably be good for you. get a transbreak too

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im expecting about 300 rwhp, aobut 11 lbs of boost, and some wide street tires. Whats a trans break?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah 3500 will be good. and a transbreak will allow u to stall the tranny without foot breaking so you can see all of your stall

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wellthats good news becuase im looking at a used 3500 for cheap. and how much does a trans break run and whats the install like? i might have to hold off on that untill im done with the m112 and have some money

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what ive read, PI is one of the top brands right? and $415 should be a good deal seeing as its over 700 new?

·
Banned
808 Posts
i know this is off topic but 99v6 check your pms

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
transbreaks vary ive never really bought one ive used them but never know brands

·
Registered
4 Posts
converter

Have you considered upgrading your transmission at the same time you do the converter?

What are others recommendations on this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I only use PI or DirtyDogPerformance.com converters.
3K and 3500 is kind of trivial IMO for a street car...off the shelf converters hit ROUGHLY those points but never exact until you pay the bucks to get it right, or send back with more info. They can not build a TC for your application EXACT, but they can get close the first time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts