Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing to start my auto project in my notchback. 393w, 175 shot give or take and a c4 behind it.

I am looking to replace the following

-Planet
-Input Shaft
-Torque Converter
-Transbrake
-Deep Pan

What do you guys suggest for a torque converter, It will be driven on the street and a strip car. Won't be a daily driver, just a weekend cruiser.
Also anything else you guys would replace

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Call: Ultimate, Dynamic, A1, Coan, etc. They will fix you up with what you need!

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Do not skimp on a converter. Neal Chance is pretty tough to beat for a nitrous converter. I'm more than happy with mine, and regardless of the 5000 stall, it drives excellent on the street, but it wasn't cheap. Buying the right, quality converter, is more important than getting the right cam for a combo IMO. It will make or break how your car performs.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I used to run a TCI street fighter 3000 stall with a reverse manual valve body and 4.10's in a 79 notch.
It was behind a typical HCI 302 and stalled around 2700 but the car was gutted so that could have affected it. Driving around normally was not a big deal, just felt like the trans was slipping a little bit. I am sure with a 393 you may stall a little higher than advertised.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do not skimp on a converter. Neal Chance is pretty tough to beat for a nitrous converter. I'm more than happy with mine, and regardless of the 5000 stall, it drives excellent on the street, but it wasn't cheap. Buying the right, quality converter, is more important than getting the right cam for a combo IMO. It will make or break how your car performs.
How much did yours run ya if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
588 Posts
def agree on paying the extra cash for a converter my bud just threw in a custom converter in his trailblazer ss and dropped his times by 8 tenths, now thats a gain Id love to have. I went the cheap route due to a budget and bought a TCI 3000 and honestly Im pretty impressed with how it performs, given a $800 dollar one will perform better I dont think the TCI's are as bad as some say but my buds all run edge and PA converters and I can tell they perform a little better. I have called both places and they seem to have great customer service and are very polite

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I just bought a new converter for my Dodge Dart drag car with trans brake from Dynamic (Frank Lupo), it ran me $1000!

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
How much did yours run ya if you don't mind me asking.
My friend has an iroc, 408 small block chevy, turbo 400, 9 inch etc. He has a 4500 stall and it ran him 1000 for the converter alone.

Sent from my galaxy s II

1 - 11 of 11 Posts