Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this stupid girl i work with just wrecked her, what she says is an 08 v6 mustang. I'm not sure if it's actually true or not, but she said she'd straight up give me the car since it's totalled at the front end. I told her i'd take it off her hands if she's looking to get rid of it and she said sure i can have it. So, is it worth taking the time to get this car or not. obviously i know it can't be driven or anything, but i'm sure i can part some of it and make some money scrapping the rest right?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
wtf? duh take it...and part it or build it back and sell it. I need pictures :]

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
hell ya if you can get anything for free and turn it around for a profit then do it... check with the rents first they don't usually like pieces of shits in there driveways or anything...

your best bet is to see how bad it is ... if the frame rails are straight you might be able to save it... get some pics up if you could :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can't get any pics as the girl has the car and she has none herself, wtf, lol. but yea, she told me the the shop she had it towed to said it was totalled, and she said it was the front end she had smashed up. So i'm assuming most of the front end is in bad shape. but i figured some individual parts, and maybe the motor itself are still gof. I'm hoping! and the parents have approved, lol.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Fix it no matter what. Go look at what those are selling for. It won't cost you that much to fix it. It might take a bit of work but it will be worth the profit.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you're saying it would be worth my time to fix it, despite it being completely totalled, and resell it?

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
so you're saying it would be worth my time to fix it, despite it being completely totalled, and resell it?
I would part out the good junk and scrap the rest. No way I'd spend the time and money trying to fix a totalled car.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea that's more of what i was thinking, but say most of the stuff under the hood is damaged, what else is there to part?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, can someone freakin tell me why every time i go to view a post, it shows me the last reply someone made to it? i want to see the first post so i know what it's about, not the last one...

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
... look either way you are going to make money and have a good time... i suggest that you try to take it all apart as a learning experience... to see how it works drain it of its oils and take it to a scrap yard... piece by itty bitty piece... or take advantage of ebay... sell **** on there ... like the tranny and **** like that

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I think it might be worth a try as well. But be warned. This is a brand new car. That means if it is totaled you're looking at at least 15k worth of damage. I'm pretty sure it isn't worth trying to fix it unless you own a body shop. Get what parts you can out of it and then scrap the rest. Although again with that kind of damage there might not be much left.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
if the front end is smashed you still got a crap load of **** to sell.

doors. rear tires. axle. suspension. trunk, back bumper, back lights. some of the motor is definately salvageable, almos the entire interior.

You could easily score 5 grand off this car. if shes not bullshitting you

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts

doors. rear tires. axle. suspension. trunk, back bumper, back lights. some of the motor is definately salvageable, almos the entire interior.

+1

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

definatly. ebay will be your friend. you can make some serious money off this car! she is an idiot for just giving it to you

·
Registered
19 Posts
i dont see how she can jus give the car too you...unless she paid cash for it and she doesnt have to buy it back from the insurance company ...dont sound right...but hey if shes for real...take it...buti dont see how ya know? especially with a car that new. Someones gonna want some money for that car unless, like i say, she paid cash for it...maybe im wrong

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
If the engine is not harmed, ****in A you should take it. Why not take a free 210 horsepower V6? I'd call that a score. And if it's an auto, the 5 speed automatic in the 6 is the same as in the GT, and is an excellent unit. Drop that bitch in your ride dude. :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, i talked to her today and she said some guy has to look at it first, i'm going to assume someone from an insurance company just to make sure the car's on file. If she's serious though i'll be one of the happiest people in the world, lol. Also, she is really stupid, but she's loaded, i mean i hate using someone like this, but hell if it's just going to go to the junkyard then i'll gladly take it off her hands.

·
Super Moderator
14,581 Posts
wouldnt be wise to fix it up and try to sell it....it will have salvage on the title...that will scare most people away since the car was totalled...part it out for ur best bet

1 - 20 of 27 Posts