Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got done talkin with my insurance guy today and they finally came up with my car is a total loss after i hit a pole about two weeks ago, they said i could buy it back for 4600 dollars i was just wonderin if anyone would want any parts off of it for a reasonable price, i told him i would think about it a few days. the motor and drivertrain is good the front bumper and right side suspension is no good interior is perfect all the windows are not cracked

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
if i were you, i'd buy it. the motor and tranny can get you about 3000, and if you have the leather interior, you'll be able to sell that easily.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Bah...I wouldn't hassle with it. It is not a GT500.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i've sold stock **** on craigslist within just a couple of days. it's not much of a hassle if the money is there. i would be willing to pay 3000 for a 3v motor and tranny (just not right now lol).

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
i've sold stock **** on craigslist within just a couple of days. it's not much of a hassle if the money is there. i would be willing to pay 3000 for a 3v motor and tranny (just not right now lol).
What about the other $1600 just to break even?

Kooks headers and MGW shifter if not damaged...but then you gotta un-install all that...the interior won't fetch that much...:tomato

·
Registered
262 Posts
101, sorry to say, but I have to agree with DiMora on this one. Not worth the risk in my opinion, you may end up with a $4600 pile of scrap in ur yard.

·
Registered
503 Posts
let em keep it. Get a new 5.0!

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
I agree, don't buy it back.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
how's the condition of the rear diff and axle tubes? 500 is reasonable if its in good shape
i can see all the interior going for about another 5 to 800 if its leather (more if you can find a guy that's looking to convert another year or mode interiorl to S197 (i know 1 guy with an old f100 that wants my interior).
idk the condition of your wheels/tires, but i just sold my stockers for $500 and the guy seemed to think he was getting a pretty good deal.
i'm not sure what the exact metallic composition of the body is, but steel is worth about $200/ton and aluminum is worth about $1/lb. i know the hood is aluminum so it could get you about $50 just from scrap.

idk how OP's advertising skills are, but i could easily turn a profit off a totalled s197. i understand though, there is a lot of work involved. to some its probably easier to just let insurance keep it.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
let them keep it unless you're wanting the mods for another car you will buy. could be a pretty sweet drivetrain swap into a fox or older mustang

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would say buy it back. I would be interested in the Headers/Shifter if they aren't damaged.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I would say take that $4600 and put a down payment on a new ride. You could make money selling parts off your old one but there is no guarantee you will make your money back.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
I'd be interested in pretty much all of the interior panels. Love my 2-tone black and silver seats in the California Special, hate all the silver plastic parts that are everywhere. If you've got the black ones, I'll buy 'em off you.

EDIT: To get an idea of what I'm talking about, everything with a red box, I hate.

And I basically want it to look like this but with the 2-tone seats in the end:

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I'd be interested in pretty much all of the interior panels. Love my 2-tone black and silver seats in the California Special, hate all the silver plastic parts that are everywhere. If you've got the black ones, I'll buy 'em off you.

EDIT: To get an idea of what I'm talking about, everything with a red box, I hate.

And I basically want it to look like this but with the 2-tone seats in the end:

I've got a black piece that goes under the steering wheel. Do you need one of those?

I also have a black center console.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts