Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide between an 03 MACH 1 and and a 03 SVT Cobra vert. The 03 MACH 1 is listed at $13,000 but the sell will let it go for $11,500.

The 03 Cobra vert is $15,000.

Here are the vehicles:
Cars for Sale: 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible in ALTA LOMA, CA 91737: Convertible Details - 285115421 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 in SAN DIEGO, CA 92115: Coupe Details - 296695451 - AutoTrader.com

I am leaning towards the cobra. But both seem like good deals. Also Carfax and Autocheck check out okay on both.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Personally im not a vert fan so I would get the Mach with the less miles and its cheaper...minus the tail lights-I'djust leave them there with the seller, j/k :D

Thats just me though :dunno

EDIT: dont make a decision just because of the supercharger. You want to make a good business deal here and if they both drive good and have no other problems than the smartest buy would be the cheaper less mile car. dont get suckered in because its a Cobra. At the end of the day, its your decision but you want to get more for your money these days..

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. I don't want this to come of as sexist but I believe the owner of the cobra is a female so I don't think it has been abused that much.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thats true but it could also mean that she might not have taken care of the car as well as it should have been. Just something to keep in mind and look out for

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
try to get the mach for 11...and it will be a sweet deal, but dam gotta love the supercharger on the termis, tought one bro, have you tried searching tru craigslist?

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
Dude that Cobra looks stock, which more than likely means it wasnt abused. Seeing how we are both out here in SoCal, you will love the drop top with the summer coming up and the winters arent really that bad out here, so I think you know where my opinion lies...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, there should be no choice there. Machs are nice and all but they are no Terminator Cobra. Unless you don't like horsepower the cost to build the Mach to even stock Cobra level is just the bonus here, if you want more than that, well there can be only one.....

·
Registered
890 Posts
Cobra boy. Their easy to get big hp#'s

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, there should be no choice there. Machs are nice and all but they are no Terminator Cobra. Unless you don't like horsepower the cost to build the Mach to even stock Cobra level is just the bonus here, if you want more than that, well there can be only one.....
That is a valid point. I would have to spend 4-5K to get the power level of the cobra. If I do get the cobra, I think the 1st thing I would do is strengthen the half shaft.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If I do get the cobra, I think the 1st thing I would do is strengthen the half shaft.
Nope. This is almost a worthless upgrade for 90% of people. Do a IRS Bushing upgrade to http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/ or Maximum Motorsports Delrin kits and get rid of all rubber. The full upgrade will get rid of wheel hop which is most of what kills the halfshafts and tears up a lot on these cars. Watch the FTBR videos and you will see. I have the MM kits but actually want to switch out to the FTBR.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cobra hands down. T56 vs the 5 spd. IRS vs SRA. Etc etc etc

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope. This is almost a worthless upgrade for 90% of people. Do a IRS Bushing upgrade to Full Tilt Boogie Racing or Maximum Motorsports Delrin kits and get rid of all rubber. The full upgrade will get rid of wheel hop which is most of what kills the halfshafts and tears up a lot on these cars. Watch the FTBR videos and you will see. I have the MM kits but actually want to switch out to the FTBR.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Factory cast iron/forged block supercharged, 6 speed, IRS, better interior... pay the little extra.

Also, don't disclude female drivers. There's a 3 owner Cobra for sale with 20k miles for 14,5k. Rebuilt title, because the second owner, which was a 21 year old female driver, rolled it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Is this a serious question? Stock termi all day man! Machs are cool but, believe me, the Termi is the way to go. 7x,xxx miles isnt that much really, especialy if the car has been properly maintained and not beat on. Forged internals, s/c = easy decision!

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
Machs are amazing and nostalgic, but its only taken me a couple months to realize how much more I'd rather have a Cobra. Besides, hit 6,000 rpms in a Mach and then in a Termi and see which one gives you goosebumps.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did run an autocheck on it. The car has been in one minor accident in 2008. There was minor damage to the rear bumper. It does however checkout okay on auto check. On a range from 70-83 they gave this car an 84.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Soooo im the only one that would have chose the Mach? :sorry

I was looking at the miles and price...
the Cobra IS by far the better platform. But as far as deals go, you have to admit the Mach is a pretty good deal :D

Im no hater against the Cobra though :rockon

1 - 20 of 49 Posts