Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Funny. Everyone asks me to "get them in" when they find out what I do....especially the young kids. I would love to be in a position to get them ALL steady jobs but unless its in another State and my name is not connected, no way. I've been burnt a few times and it makes me look bad. I had a friend a few years back that literally begged to help me with his son. we had an opening so I was aggressive at getting him an interview. He got one did very well and was hired. The punk never showed up to his first day and it made me look bad. I still get jokes from some of my service department about it.

I go to work to support my "core" (family). I will always help or do something to help someone out but I cant let my sole income get messed with. My job was never in jeopardy but this **** doesnt look good .

Now if someone asks...I direct them to the website and plead da fif.
That's about all I do anymore. People always see how much I make and expect me to just magically get them a job.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
It already is man. When I had my audio shop I had a guy that constantly pestered me about hooking his 16 year old kid up with a job, and refused to listen when I told him to have the kid come up and I'd talk to him.

Eventually, he got the hint, and the kid comes in, and is a 12 out of 10 on the swagfag-o-meter. I try and talk to him and he is completely disinterested in anything except playing his phone and if he'll be allowed to drive customers cars.

Anyways, I tell him thanks for coming up and that I would give him a call once I'd made a decision. I didn't call him.

Couple of days later, kids dad comes back into the shop, demanding to know why I hadn't called him yet. I tell him that in no uncertain terms that there was no way in hell I was going to hire a kid that wasn't interested in anything except being an insurance liability, and then his dad decides to get in my face and try to bully me into hiring the kid anyways. Ended up having to tell him that he could either piss off or I could call the police.

It was bizarre. I mean, in what world is it the parents responsibility to get a job for the child? I've held a job of one sort or another since I was 14, and the only thing my parents ever did to help me get them was drive me around to pick up applications for my first job, which, honestly, they didn't even have to do that.
My dad got me my senior project internship and they liked me so much they're paying for my books for college.

My dad then asked if i cod have a summer job, and the ceo personally looked for something for me to do.

:hidinghere:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
So you guys never go 41 in a 40. :lol

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I understand what you guys are saying though. The fact that it was an officer definitely changes things. However, when I said speeding, I don't mean driving like a maniac. I meant like 9 over.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Yeah, because that's what I said. I always drive around like a cop is watching me unless I'm all alone on the road and there's clearly no danger in my driving. I've never seen a deer on the interstate I commute on, so at 8:30 at night, I'm gonna go 85. That's no danger to myself, my car, or anyone else on the road. You're not proving a point by taking what I said completely literally and excluding implied logic.

And you know whose fault that is? It's the parents of this generation who baby their children; who don't teach them the value of hard work; who buy alcohol for them and allow others to get drunk underage at their house. Kids only do what their parents teach them to.
Okay this is a perfect point in an aspect about how you learned nothing from the actions that took place as we stated above. The fact you've never saw a deer on the interstate you commute on doesn't mean that one day you won't. If its dark and you hit a deer, and wipe out your car and its in pieces all of the road from hitting that deer, please explain to me how your not putting other drivers in danger if they too are coming down through that exact area and they hit your car because your lights are completely out and they didn't see your black vehicle until that very last second.. If you want to discuss implied logic, we can surely have a discussion, but I am afraid I will have to take you to school on it.

Example: I was merging onto the highway a month or two ago, when an SUV wrecked into another SUV. It wasn't a well lit area on the interstate and i almost hit one of the SUV's that were wrecked in the middle of the 3 lane highway. I didn't see it there until it was right up on me, as I was trying to merge over with other traffic coming up behind me. I wasn't even up to speed yet so I wasn't even breaking the law in speeding, nor was I driving aggressive..

2nd Example: I hadn't saw a deer on my road in over 5 years.. I got aggressive and decided to go about 8mph over the speed limit. Wouldn't you know that I hit a deer that night, all because I was in a hurry, and being aggressive.. You don't know when a deer or an animal is going to come out or if there is going to be an impaired vehicle on the road.

You can't ever tell anyone that your not putting yourself, your car, or anyone else in danger on the interstate when your going 85+ mph. What if you wreck because you blow a tire? And your car slides down and crosses the median and you hit oncoming traffic? That wasn't your fault right? Because you were in 100% complete control. Is that implied logic for you, or am I just making up some bullshit now?

And it is the parents fault to a degree because they baby their children as much as they do. But sometimes certain aspects are out of the parents control. Some parents have to work 2 jobs just to make sure that they have a meal on the table and a roof for their children to live under. Not every child has the luxuries of parents who have good jobs and has a parent that can stay home and make sure the child is reprimanded and taught correctly. They have to hope that they just did enough and they are learning enough through school and making rational decisions. My best friends mom was like that. Worked 3 jobs, because the dad ran off, and he had nothing.. He turned out to be a good kid, but his mom wasn't home enough to raise him to be the way he is. He was smart enough to know what to stay away from because he had a good core support from friends. Judgement is something we always make, but you can't always blame the parents..

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
You don't seem to understand that a few miles per hour makes absolutely no difference in your ability to react to a deer running in front of you. Unless you're dodging deer like it's a maneuverability test, 75mph is no different from 85mph. Either way, if a deer runs into your lane, you have little to no chance of coming out fine. You seem to think that every deer ever hit was the work of some menace to society flying at twice the speed limit.

If your tire blows out at any point when you're on the highway, it's going to be a problem. Going 10 mph faster won't be the difference between you flipping over the median and hitting oncoming traffic. I've heard plenty of logical arguments on here, but you're simply throwing out random scenarios with absolutely no logical backing to them. Nothing that you stated is specifically related to driving above the speed limit, so please don't hurt yourself by trying to school me in implied logic (which you shouldn't brag about anyway, unless you're Master of the Obvious).

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
10-15 years ago? That'd put you at like 10.. What would you know about making that type of rational decision?? Lol i'm just giving you a hard time..

Seriously though I agree that our generation (as I'm 27) and the generation below us, is a complete waste of garbage. They expect handouts, everything to be done for them. They are a bunch of little punks. I wonder how many of them have their parents type up their resumes.. My biggest question is when will their parents be going to the interviews for jobs for them? That's what I'm waiting to see here soon.
10 years ago I was 24 :curtsy:

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
You don't seem to understand that a few miles per hour makes absolutely no difference in your ability to react to a deer running in front of you. Unless you're dodging deer like it's a maneuverability test, 75mph is no different from 85mph. Either way, if a deer runs into your lane, you have little to no chance of coming out fine. You seem to think that every deer ever hit was the work of some menace to society flying at twice the speed limit.

If your tire blows out at any point when you're on the highway, it's going to be a problem. Going 10 mph faster won't be the difference between you flipping over the median and hitting oncoming traffic. I've heard plenty of logical arguments on here, but you're simply throwing out random scenarios with absolutely no logical backing to them. Nothing that you stated is specifically related to driving above the speed limit, so please don't hurt yourself by trying to school me in implied logic (which you shouldn't brag about anyway, unless you're Master of the Obvious).
Lol.. Okay so if the speed limit is 55 and your cranking 85, the 30mph difference isn't an issue? I don't know what the speed limits are on your highways are, but where I live its between 55-65 pretty much through most of the area here in PA.. I just know that if I'm going 55 I have a much higher chance of maneuvering out of hitting a deer than I do at 85.. And when I hit my deer, if I was going 10mph slower, I probably could have been able to avoiid it. So 10mph does make a difference, at least it would have for me.

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
I smell noobs who don't realize quite how much the stock mustang suspension will understeer. Those extra few miles an hour can make or break you. I wrecked my '93 on a hairpin turn in backroads in the rain. I was only doing maybe 20mph, but it was enough. Understeered myself right up and onto an embankment. On the other side of that embankment, was a very steep tree covered drop into a river. I likely would have died had I gone over, which I almost did at 20mph. I now have a modified front suspension on my '90 with a 'performance alignment' to try to fight understeer. Ford was being careful after the Nader/Chevy incident, but I'd rather oversteer and die than not be able to turn or change direction at all. Same principles apply at higher speeds. You can't just stop or turn on a dime at any given speed. It doesn't work like that. Go around a track or try autox sometime.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Lol.. Okay so if the speed limit is 55 and your cranking 85, the 30mph difference isn't an issue? I don't know what the speed limits are on your highways are, but where I live its between 55-65 pretty much through most of the area here in PA.. I just know that if I'm going 55 I have a much higher chance of maneuvering out of hitting a deer than I do at 85.. And when I hit my deer, if I was going 10mph slower, I probably could have been able to avoiid it. So 10mph does make a difference, at least it would have for me.
55 on the highway? Its 60 in the city, and up to 75 a couple miles out.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
55 on the highway? Its 60 in the city, and up to 75 a couple miles out.

Its 55 on the highway here in PA, I'll post a pic when I get back from Indianapolis on my way through. We all run 70mph, but it is posted 55. They constantly are pulling people over for it. It's just an easy bait because certain sections on the outskirts turn into 65-70mph. But majority of 79 going to Pittsburgh and Route 70 going through Washington, PA and towards WV and other areas are posted at 55mph. And yes its on the highway. Look up Route 70/79. Both are major highways in PA

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I smell noobs who don't realize quite how much the stock mustang suspension will understeer. Those extra few miles an hour can make or break you. I wrecked my '93 on a hairpin turn in backroads in the rain. I was only doing maybe 20mph, but it was enough. Understeered myself right up and onto an embankment. On the other side of that embankment, was a very steep tree covered drop into a river. I likely would have died had I gone over, which I almost did at 20mph. I now have a modified front suspension on my '90 with a 'performance alignment' to try to fight understeer. Ford was being careful after the Nader/Chevy incident, but I'd rather oversteer and die than not be able to turn or change direction at all. Same principles apply at higher speeds. You can't just stop or turn on a dime at any given speed. It doesn't work like that. Go around a track or try autox sometime.
Didn't you know, he knows all about everything.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts