Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really feeling the strain with trying to bring my child hood hotrod mustang back to it's glory.

I may need to sell it because of all the little expensive things that keep going wrong with it, since I have a son on his was.

The strut towers need the rust cut out an new metal welded in, I need all new bushings for the syspention, I need to re-seal the windshield, rebuild the engine and transmition as well no doubt, get a new alternator because it think that may be what's draining my battery dead everytime.

the pain looks like crap and there is hail damage dents in my mustang everywhere.

I'm just over welmed an stressed with the whole thing.

I dreamed about the day that I would get this 1989 Mustang GT to keep forever an pass on to my kids, and I got it after I came back from Afghanistan, but I was blinded by how badly I wanted it, and I didn't see all of the flaws in it. like all the weather striping is dry rotten and everything.

all I heard was the roumble of the 302 V8 and I was hooked.

now it seems like it will be short lived for me, because I can't afford to buy the parts it need.... sure makes my guts turn.

sorry for all of you that had to read this rambling, it's just my life right now.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
foxs are fuggin everywhere dude sell it if its a pos

·
Registered
342 Posts
i would sell it while it still runs. Save up and buy a good one

·
Registered
627 Posts
sorry to hear that and congratulations too. do you already have any kids? when i had my son (almost 2 years ago) everyone said i was going to be broke and i was going to have to sell my ****. i just worked hard, and it wasnt as bad as everyone told me. i was only 22. now i had my daughter born last thursday and im starting all over, lol. when i feel like you i just sit in the garage and look at my fox, and think, yep, its worth it.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
sorry to hear that and congratulations too. do you already have any kids? when i had my son (almost 2 years ago) everyone said i was going to be broke and i was going to have to sell my ****. i just worked hard, and it wasnt as bad as everyone told me. i was only 22. now i had my daughter born last thursday and im starting all over, lol. when i feel like you i just sit in the garage and look at my fox, and think, yep, its worth it.
So you love your car more than your kids?

lol just messin with ya

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
lol...... what is with some of you guys that post these small ass pictures.....You cant see any thing...damn it;):tomato

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I been there man, I just had to sell my 66 mustang that was fully restored and gorgeous...There will be other cars.

Congrats on the new baby.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Ryan have no idea how to get my pics to upload.
Its cool bro, I'm just busting your balls..lol

Have you tried going to photobucket.com ?

What i do is upload your pics to you computer then go to photo bucket, upload them there then copy and paste the image code

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This will be our first kid, my wifes thinking we need 2 or 3 kids though lol...
An thank you :)

oh yeah and I think my radiator has a leak too. and I know I have an oil leak around the oil pan.

I really do wanna keep it.
besides I have a new set of ceramic coated shorty BBK headers and new tri-ax shifter.

I have more in the car though, than I would get for it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
if youre patient, you can get your car back to good condition. i try to do a thing to my fox every week, even if its something small. youre going to love having a son. ima show you some son/fox motivation pictures, lol. my son loves doing what he sees me do.

when i was doing my clutch, and i got out from under the car, this is what my son was doing in the first 2 pics

this is my son and new daughter

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol that's great! my son is gonna be a gear head too, he just doesn't know it yet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts