Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody every experienced tourqe loss after installing a 75 mm t/b plenum combo? I was wondering if I was to mess with the air to fuel ratio with the sct if I could curve this a little. Anybody got any ideas, or suggestions?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Has anybody every experienced tourqe loss after installing a 75 mm t/b plenum combo? I was wondering if I was to mess with the air to fuel ratio with the sct if I could curve this a little. Anybody got any ideas, or suggestions?
From what I understand a 75mm is a little too big if you don't have forced induction, so that maybe what your problem is. I went with a 75mm myself because I plan on going forced induction and didn't want to have to go get a bigger t/b later. I'm sure others will chime in, but that's what I was told.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i dont think its going to affect you, just get good flowing exhaust

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I never had any problems

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
its not gonna hurt you... cuz you can only flow as much air in as whats comin in... so if its not forced its not gonna help or hurt... its like havin 2'' exhaust and then doin like a 3" catback... not gonna help cuz its still gotta flow through that 2" before it gets to 3

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input guys. I figured out the problem though, when I ran the sct on it again after the tb/plenum install I failed to imput 91 octane. I ran it again correctly this time and all is well. I had it on 91 before and I guess thats why it felt to me like it had lost a little power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts