Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Who did you ship the original part through? If you had a tracking number and they lost it then you should have provided that to him then filed a freight claim with the shipping company. how much was the shipping on this bumper? there are alot of things here that are not making sense

"the driver of fedex can't get to his house and the local fedex store won't accept the item" well if you paid them to ship this they had damn well better get it back to you as that is thier legal obligation.

So did you provide the OP with pictures of the damage to cover your ass and let him know what was going on was legit since it was obviously back in your posession?

·
Banned
881 Posts
The shipping issues were my fault. I admitted that. I didn't take pics and that is also my fault. I tried to make it right the best I could. I am never even attempting to ship anything I can not drop off at the post office. If you don't want to buy from me I can't change that. I am sorry to the screw up. I just want to enjoy the forum and not be thought of as a scammer. OP was refunded and we have it resolved. I wish him the best on his car.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Its not to late to put up some pictures of the damaged bumper and a shipping receipt with dates to save your reputation if thats what your worried about~~

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I wish I had but it has already been thrown away.
Damn you threw a whole bumper away? I would be kicking FEDEX's ASS if they ****ed up my bumper to the point of throwing it away and then not give me anything in return for it. Did you file a claim?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
File a claim with your wife to be reimbursed for all damages.... or better yet just put her in the corner for time out and post a picture for us all to see:)

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
:lol

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I feel like I'm watching the inner workings of Ebay, automatically siding with the buyer.
explain the story makes no sense and there is no proof any shipment nor damaged goods its a clear cut case of bullshit. Hell if I were you Toxic I would even put up the OP's emails to prove he asked you over and over to keep finding him a bumper, and bust his story.

·
Banned
881 Posts
I can post the pm's . how do do it?

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Wife was upset about. She made up to it though. I took it out in trade with her.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Got the spark plugs today we are all good!
Glad you got them. How is the nitrous working out?

·
She Gone
230 Posts
I can post the pm's . how do do it?
You can take a screenshot of your computer screen.

On the page you want to screenshot, hold CTRL ALT and PRINT SCREEN (sometimes PRT SC or PRNT SCRN) (on laptops, print screen sometimes has to be triggered with the function button as well -- so it would be CTRL ALT PRINTSCREEN and FUNCTION to be held down).

Then go to Paint on your computer and press CTRL and V (or right click and paste). You should see the screenshot you took and simply save that to your computer and upload it like any other picture here.

I'm not asking you to post your conversation, I just thought I'd help out with how to screenshot. :thumbsup:

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
In that case, go to the PM, at the bottom where there is a quick reply, select all then copy. Paste it in the area you want it. It will look like a quote.

·
Banned
881 Posts
OK.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

There are over 100 pm's but I will try and post them all.

·
_
3,782 Posts
Just for future reference, Toxzzic01 is in fact a forum con man. I say con man because he is SMART and knows his way around the system (paypal, forums). He has MULTIPLE forum accounts as follows:

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards - View Profile: toxzzic1

The Toyota Supra Forums - View Profile: toxzzic1

View Profile: toxzzic1 - Holley Performance Products Forums

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners - View Profile: toxzzic1

SVTPerformance

Forums at Modded Mustangs - View Profile: toxzzic1

http://forums.corral.net/forums/members/163831-toxzzic1.html

Expired - 99-01 Cobra Bumper | Mustang Forums at StangNet

V2 S-trim bov or bypass valve [Archive] - SN95Forums The Only SN95 1994-2004 Dedicated Ford Mustang Community

The main reason I bring this up is because he tried to hit me with the '01 cobra bumper' scam like how he did a few other people. If you read carefully on this thread, he changes his story slightly, dodges the bullets and ultimately provides no legitimate proof to back up anything he is saying.

Specifically he charged me $550 for the red cobra bumper form Stang Net (but on this forum) as to which I waited 3 weeks, only to find him making stuff up waiting for the 45 day refund window from PayPal to pass in hopes I would not notice. I filed for a refund within the window as to which he had no choice but to refund the money. Again, he is SMART and played the system but realized I wasn't going to fall for his scam of fraudulently stealing $550 form me. If you go through these threads he mentions someone else being refunded the money for a cobra bumper.

To anybody who finds themselves here, please avoid this guy at all costs. More importantly, do yourself the favor and protect yourself in ANY future forum transactions by only going through PayPal with a credit card in case the seller and PayPal fail to refund your money as to which you can refer to your bank for a refund.

PS, I will HAPPILY post screenshots of PayPal transactions and what PMs I have of the initial transaction.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/member-buy-sell-feedback/482338-toxzzic1-bad-transaction-2.html

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Ah man I was thinking of this thread recently too, good read lol. I dont like to buy from others anymore because of assholes like this but Ive lucked out so far. Be careful, dont give anyone special treatment, make sure its not too good to be true and research the person youre doing business with.

·
_
3,782 Posts
Ah man I was thinking of this thread recently too, good read lol. I dont like to buy from others anymore because of assholes like this but Ive lucked out so far. Be careful, dont give anyone special treatment, make sure its not too good to be true and research the person youre doing business with.
+1

I was emptying my inbox today and came to the point of the PMs I exchanged with Toxic and decided to look at his profile to see if the bumper ever came back for sale. That opened a can of worms for me, lol. I did not know about this rabbit hole till today.

On a serious note, just as quoted, take every transaction serious on ALL forums (don't do business on facebook.......). Ill be honest, after reading through this thread in particular, OP is almost as much to blame as the con artist because he walked right into it and than just kept going. Fortunately the MM community was able to point the guy out and put him on the spot thus saving OP from being a full blown victim of fraud.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts