Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing some looking around for information on a relatively new DR tire from Toyo. It's a 315/35/18. I've found a bit of inforamtion on one of the other sites but was wondering if anyone here has any info on these. In the information I found the dude was running this tire on a 18 x 10 with a 45 mm offset, this set up looked awsome ! But no information as to if any problems from being lowered, rubbing, clearence, etc..

Here's a link to the tire info, also I found them for $234 + shipping so pretty good price as well.

PROXES TQ | Toyo Tires

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Toyo, in my opinion, makes some of the best tires out there. I have yet to see how these TQ's perform but I would not hesitate to try 'em based on past experience with this company. Though I wouldn't put that 315/35 on a 10" rim. You would need a 10.5" rim minimum, with an 11' rim being ideal.

As far as rubbing, I run a 28.8" DR with my Pro-Kit springs and it's close but no rubbing. The Toyo that you are looking at is going to be 1.2" shorter. That will give you .6" of more room so I would venture a good guess that it would fit under there.

Do me a favor though. If you get 'em, please get the right size rims. Nice big tires on the wrong size rims not only will not perform as intended, but looks rice.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Check this out, this is not my car but a link to another site. These are the 315 35 18 mounted on a 10 1/2, looks pretty sick ! I also have seen these on a 10" Saleen replica on other site and they look pretty nice as well with no issues. So probably going in this direction. Besides where does one get a 10 1/2" wheel, never seen one other than a custom which is way to pricy IMO.

Toyo Proxes Tq Drag Radial - ModularFords.com

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Check this out, this is not my car but a link to another site. These are the 315 35 18 mounted on a 10 1/2, looks pretty sick ! I also have seen these on a 10" Saleen replica on other site and they look pretty nice as well with no issues. So probably going in this direction. Besides where does one get a 10 1/2" wheel, never seen one other than a custom which is way to pricy IMO.

Toyo Proxes Tq Drag Radial - ModularFords.com
Yes you will see many cars with the wrong size tires on the wrong size rims. They may not look that bad but there is a reason why manufacturers give you recommended rim sizes for certain size tires. I would take their expert opinion over anybody telling me, "Oh they will fit fine, and I don't have any drivability issues." Don't you think they know more about tire performance than anybody else on this or any other forum? Besides that guy on modularfords cant' do the math. 315's are going to be 10mm, 0.4", wider than 305's, not 1 inch as he claims. At least he claims they are going on 10.5" rims so I give him the benefit of the doubt because at least he is trying to put them on the right size rims. Below are a couple of pics of my tires, 305/45/18's on a 10" rim. I think this is the limit for a 10" rim. You can see the slight bulge in the sidewall. What you have to remember is that you not only going to have a bigger bulge, but it will be much more pronounced with a shorter sidewall than mine. In fact you will have an almost 1.25" shorter sidwall than what is in the pic.

Do me a favor. Draw two right triangles. First one with a base of 25 mm and a height of 137 mm, and then draw in the hypotenuse from the end of the two lines. Then draw another right triangle with a base of 30 mm and a height of 107 mm, and draw in the hypotenuse as you did on the first one. This will give you a comparaison of the cross section of the bulge you will have compared to mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts