Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys have a question a 92 toyota truck anyone know how hard it is to put a clutch slave cylinder in?

Im looking at this truck says it needs a bat, starter (he thinks the starter) and a clutch slave cylinder...

Im kinda ify but if I can get it cheap enough Im going to take it

I know most of you are pretty smart

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
22RE or 3VZ? 2wd or 4wd?

Either way, the slave cylinder shouldn't be that hard. I just did one on the Celica I just sold, took me maybe 20 minutes including flushing and bleeding the system.

I suggest having a friend help, or buying one of the cheap harbor freight vacuum pump things to get it bled proper.

If you do replace it, I'd take the time to replace the clutch line while you're in there.

Good trucks, I'd get on that.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
22re 4wd he wants a 1k but o way im spending that much
for a NON-RUNNING truck

how hard is the clutch line to replace while Im there how much does the slave cylindric run just a guess?

no friends here do it myself ill just buy the pump

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Clutch line is easy, especially if you're already doing the slave cylinder.

Last time I checked, slave cylinders were less than $20, I think Rock Auto has them for around $12-14. The line is about the same.

If you're gonna go to harbor freight, I'd also suggest picking up a set of metric flare wrenches (I think they're selling a set for about $10 right now), they'll make your life a LOT easier when messing with clutch and brake lines.

If you haven't worked on Toyotas before, one thing that's REALLY nice is that they use a very standard set of sizes. >99% of the bolts on that truck will be 10, 12, 14, or 17mm.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I used to have a toyota friend helped me but in a head gasket best truck I ever had then I sold it =(

How much would you pay for this truck hold on link coming

edit linkage

1992 Toyota Pickup 4WD

edit its about a hour away might ask C if I can use his garage to get it running LOL

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
$1000 isn't unreasonable, provided that it's solid aside from what he's said. Being that you can't fire the motor up, who knows what could actually be wrong with it, though. I'd drop $500 to find out :)

If you do pick it up, do NOT buy a parts house starter for it - get the Toyota unit. Same goes for the alternator. It'll be twice the price, but it'll last 3-10x longer (not exagerating).

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok yeah 500 I can see like if I could hear the motor run it wouldnt bother me as much LOL might pass on it didnt realize it was a hour away

we'll see how much he wants to go down

thanks for the info bro reps if I can

1 - 8 of 8 Posts