1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When: Sunday December 6th

Where: Louisville, KY

The meet starts at EP Tom Sawyer State park off of Westport
road in the east end of Louisville at 1:00pm. We will leave the park around 1:30pm. The cruise ends at Papa John’s
Cardinal Stadium right off I-65 between 2:00 and 2:30 where the toys will
be collected and handed over to Toys for Tots
representatives. Camaraderie and impromptu car show to
follow! OR you can join us at Papa John’s Stadium if
you don't wish to make the drive.

All cars are welcome, including the family car should inclement
weather arise. Just bring a new an unwrapped
toy ( or more than one if you like) and make a Childs
Christmas a little better this year!

***If you can make it, please come out to support this
wonderful cause and bring whatever you can to donate. If you
cannot make it and would like to donate anyway, please email me
or send me a private message and we can arrange a pickup or drop
off. We are trying to fill several large vehicles to help
children in the KENTUCKY & INDIANA area.***

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
Awesome....I hope you get a good turnout.

We made flyers last year and gave each house a "cutout of a bear". we told them in the flyer to put their unopened unwrapped toy on their front porch on Saturday morning (with the bear taped to it) and we'd be driving around to pick them up. We filled my Durango from top to bottom.

Its a really effective way. It makes it real easy for people to help out by buying something but they dont have to go drop it off. When they are out shopping they remember to grab an extra gift and they can just put it on the porch for us to snatch up.

It worked so well. We collected about 5k worth of Toys in 4 hours! Then, believe it or not, the local manager from Walmart heard about what we did and ****ing MATCHED what we collected. Walmart shocked me for sure with that offer! We were on TV here and it was all kind of weird for a minute. Donations were down last year...like they will be this year. You need to think about creative ways to get more people to give.

I still have the templates to the cutouts and the flyer. If you want them, feel free to PM me man. Toys for Tots is a great thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts