Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to get a new TP i see most ppl heer running 70 and 75
my modsd are magnapacks with o/r h , UDPs, CAI, 373, shift kit(auto) , egr delete ,sct with bren speed email tune
btw what is the stock TP size for 99gt ? will i be able to change teh TP with out the plenum

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
t/b? throttle body?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ok. people say 70mm N/A and 75+mm FI....imo 70 is good but 75 with bolt ons is nice too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I thought stock was 65mm?
65mm = 616 cfm
70mm = 726 cfm
75mm = 850 cfm

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
can never go wrong with a 70mm

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you are asking about a Throttle Body T/B then go with a 75mm and dont look back. I believe the stock size for a 99 is 65mm

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Hey everything I'm reading is saying 70mm for N/A and not to touch 75 or 78 unless your boosted? Does anyone know the real issues with running a 78 on a NA motor? is there just less benefit or can it actually degrade or cause a problem? I would think for the bbk combo price it would make sense to get the 78mm then if you boost it later it's ready, and if you don't no harm right?

·
Registered
319 Posts
a aftermarket TB will work on the stock plenum, the TB will give you a couple HP and make the motor respond faster.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
a aftermarket TB will work on the stock plenum, the TB will give you a couple HP and make the motor respond faster.
thanks I got that.. but I'm reading that 75 and 78 is 'too much' for a NA motor? wondering what the downside/drawbacks would be..

·
Registered
233 Posts
The 75 is not to much at all. I have ran a 75 for a long time and way before all my other mods. Didn't need a tune and ran great. Nothing bad at all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just saw the "Throttle Intake" from BBK. I dont like how you wont be able to change the throttle body. Stick with just the 75 t/b imo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts