Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, I recently bought my buddies gt4 rims and nito 555s off him for a grand. Little did I know there wasn't a rpms censor in the rims. I don't want to take the tires off and buy a set so is there a way to shut this system down? I have a bama tune maybe they can? It gets annoying hitting reset everytime I start my car. And that stupid light is getting old. Thanks!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dammit. Guess ill buy a new set and do like you said and throw them in the spare. Eh still saved a ton of money! The rims and tires have like 3k on them

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
if you're going to buy it just for that, buy one sensor and put it on the spare. A full set can get pretty expensive from ford. Someone here might have a cheaper place to get them from though

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
no, all four register independently to the system. If you want the light off, you need all four sensors in the spare.
Do these systems require that the sensors be rotating like they do in some other cars? I know that in some even if you put the sensors in the car somewhere, they won't register unless they're moving.

·
Registered
889 Posts
since you are getting new sensors and not using the same ones from before, you will have to sync them, so you will need the sync tool unless you know someone at FORD or someone with this tool to do it for ya.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This sounds like alot of money and a real pain in the ass to turn off a lght. Wish my tuner could turn it off *hint hint BAMA*

Im thinking I'll just live with it until I need new tires, so I can kinda turn a blind eye on spending that much on just rpms sensors. It makes sense in my head.... mostly...

·
Registered
889 Posts
but the thing is bro, you are saying you are going to deal with it until you get new tires... what is it going to change then? you still have to buy them if that is the route you are going to take as where you want to put the sensors in the wheels. So at that point, not only do you have to buy the sensors, you will have to buy the bands that you put the sensors on that afix around the wheel. And you can't just put the sensors in the rear tires by placing them, you have to make sure they are in a pressurized system. Here, refer to the mod below.

By the way, once you do it this way, it doesnt matter what wheels or tires you get from now on.

Mustang TPMS Work Around - Ford Mustang Forums

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you just throw the sensors in a pressurized pvc tube, keep it in the trunk and your good to go? Sounds simple enough! +1 thanks!

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
do you have my color? If you swap you cluster to a 2005-2006 my color cluster the light doesn't come on;). I'll swap clusters with you at your shipping expense if you want.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do you have my color? If you swap you cluster to a 2005-2006 my color cluster the light doesn't come on;). I'll swap clusters with you at your shipping expense if you want.
Yes I have mycolor, did they make a s197 without it? I would but id still have to reset the stupid button everytime I start my car.

·
Registered
889 Posts
So you just throw the sensors in a pressurized pvc tube, keep it in the trunk and your good to go? Sounds simple enough! +1 thanks!

yep exactly. You just have to have them synced first and then when you dont get the message anymore, throw them in the trunk!

Also about swapping clusters, the mileage information is stored in the cluster so if you do decide to swap, it wont read the exact same cluster as your old one. and not sure if MYCOLOR was an option back in 06.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh I thought you just ment the color plate, not the entire cluster. If the milage is stored in there I don't to change that for when I go to sell it in the future. My car only has 30k on it right now.

·
Registered
889 Posts
stick with your cluster and just do the sensors in my opinion. IT should only put you down maybe $100, but this sensor issue is federally mandated for all cars 2008+ (if not 2007 also..) so it wont get any easier. Also the 2010+ sensors are different so if you happened to have bought stock 2010+ wheels from someone with the sensors in them, they would be different so it wouldn't work in that case either

1 - 20 of 22 Posts