Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone get new wheels and not bother to put them in? how bad is the warning does it shut off after driveing a few the ones on my stock wheels suck they go off with the slightest change in pressure just dont know if its worth putting them in my new wheels

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
You have to or you wont get an inspection, you could just get new ones.
Ford Mustang Valve Stem-Mounted TPMS Sensor (07-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

and bands
Universal Mustang TPMS Sensor Mounting Band at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Its pretty easy but I know theres a way you can rig it so you dont have them in your wheels but it isnt that big of a job or cost that much to get them done right, but you will have to get a scanner so you can re sync your monitors to your car again.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Just get some PVC pipe. Caps for the ends and an air fitting. Put the sensors inside the tube, seal it up, pressurize it to 32 psi and throw it in your spare tire well.

·
Noob
828 Posts
^ That's genius right there ^

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just get some PVC pipe. Caps for the ends and an air fitting. Put the sensors inside the tube, seal it up, pressurize it to 32 psi and throw it in your spare tire well.
i heard it only works for a while like that beacuse the sensor goes in a sleep mode?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to or you wont get an inspection, you could just get new ones.
Ford Mustang Valve Stem-Mounted TPMS Sensor (07-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

and bands
Universal Mustang TPMS Sensor Mounting Band at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Its pretty easy but I know theres a way you can rig it so you dont have them in your wheels but it isnt that big of a job or cost that much to get them done right, but you will have to get a scanner so you can re sync your monitors to your car again.
in nh kmac i dont think its going to affect inspection unless you mean visual im good there

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
i dont have them on my new wheels...the light comes on all the time.. get the stem ones, the light gets annoying. I dont have the nice reset button on the dash above the radio.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i do have the reset button i just think its a waste even my ford ones now suck

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Maybe your pressure is too low? It should be at 32 PSI. If you have your tires under inflated, temperature change could be enough to alter the PSI and trip the light. You might also have a slight leak in a tire. I've had 2 sets of factory TPMS sensors in two different sets of wheels and I've never had trouble with them. You also lose about 1-2 PSI a month from a tire too.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess the question im asking is this if my car has a reset button do you push it once everytime you start it ? or is it like the seatbelt chime that never stops?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll have a light on until the problem is fixed. No chime.
thank you sir i dont mind the light i run et streets with less air anyway decison made if it really bothers me i do the bomb

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
you have to hit the reset everytime you start the car. Whatever shop you buy the wheels and tires from should swap them into the new wheels for you. You CAN fail an inspection for having the tpms light on... Most places probably wont fail you for this, but they CAN. All vehicles 2008 and newer have to have tpms and is not allowed to be removed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I put new wheels on awhile back without the sensor. I just have to hit the reset button everytime I start the car up, like the person said earlier. I don't have to worry about the inspection here in GA though

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
TPMS sensors are one of the single most worthless pieces of mandatory "safety" equipment on modern cars. Talk about promoting lazyness so the extremely lazy who don't pay attention to their cars to be even lazier. I just wish it was able to be tuned off for those of us who actually pay attention to our cars. Either that or the price of new TPMS units needs to come down, A LOT. They are stupid expensive.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you have to hit the reset everytime you start the car. Whatever shop you buy the wheels and tires from should swap them into the new wheels for you. You CAN fail an inspection for having the tpms light on... Most places probably wont fail you for this, but they CAN. All vehicles 2008 and newer have to have tpms and is not allowed to be removed.
is it part of the visual that they could fail you beacuse my freiind does my sticker as long as i can pass the obd 2 im good with him

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TPMS sensors are one of the single most worthless pieces of mandatory "safety" equipment on modern cars. Talk about promoting lazyness so the extremely lazy who don't pay attention to their cars to be even lazier. I just wish it was able to be tuned off for those of us who actually pay attention to our cars. Either that or the price of new TPMS units needs to come down, A LOT. They are stupid expensive.
agreed had it on a focus a few years back its horrible

1 - 20 of 21 Posts