Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new tps sensor and just like the old one I can't get it to read anything. What could be the problem???

·
Registered
437 Posts
Are you back probing the right wires?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
green and black

·
Registered
437 Posts
green and black
Those are the right wires, do you have the engine running when you check for a reading? If so try and check voltage where the TPS connects to the harness.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
key on engine off no accesories on either

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still does not read.

·
Registered
382 Posts
maybe your vref is shot - checck the red wires at the MAP/BAP and EGR position sensor. If the 5vdc is not there, the vref is blown or a wire has been disconnected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
what do you mean vref blown? I am having a similar problem. The vref has declined in the last vouple of days. The BARO sensor is geting the the vref. It has now hit .10 v

·
Registered
15 Posts
My connections should be good. I suppose I could give them all a good dab of dielectric grease but I have a feeling that will not help. It seems like my computer is not working properly. I had the harness out and checked continuity of all the TPS wires and got 0 ohms on all of them I will check tommow with the harness in the car from sensor plug-in to ECU plug-in. I have checked every thing I can and so far it all points to the ECU. The only other thing I can think of is my relocated battery cable might be causing interfearence in the computer area as it might be too close. I did try to sheild it though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The computer gets 12v from the battery, the computer takes that 12v and makes 5v for VREF - if that circuit that does the voltage reduction is bad, then it's "blown" - as in smoked, as in fubar, as in history..............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts