Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my trans out of my car... Supposedly a 3650. But reading to disassemble with the 3650 guide that I downloaded, this is not the same thing at all.

Got to looking at the tag, stamp, etc. and I have a TR-7396? Looked up on the net and searched the forum and the only thing that I have found is an ad about 3 years ago someone selling one out of his 08 GT on other Stang sites. Cannot find a manual online or on Tremec's website(just emailed them about a guide).

The thing that got me immediately when reading and looking at it setting right there, was on mine, there is no shift turret(thats the first thing the manual says to take off). So immediately, I was like WTF? Started looking and seen the TR-7396 stamped on the trans. Also looked in my door tag, and it even says TR-3650 is whats supposed to be there.

Did Tremec modify or upgrade the 3650's without telling Ford they changed the part # or something?

Does anyone here even possibly have a service manual online they could send me or in paper I could pay to get copied or anything? I'm kind of at a loss here right now.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Your disassembly manual may be for a 01-04 mustang, post some pictures of it

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

But I have 2 3650's sitting in my living room ill give them a look over for any tags

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My guess is starting in 05 they mounted the shifter to the car rather than to the actual trans, just not sure if all the internals are actually the same and if I can use that guide and just skip the shifter steps.

Searched on S197forum and someone was rebuilding his and they posted that same link to.

Anyone have any idea if there even is a guide to these?

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
My guess is starting in 05 they mounted the shifter to the car rather than to the actual trans, just not sure if all the internals are actually the same and if I can use that guide and just skip the shifter steps.

Searched on S197forum and someone was rebuilding his and they posted that same link to.

Anyone have any idea if there even is a guide to these?
I've searched as well to no avail, but give hanlon motorsports a call and they can point you in the right direction, they specialize in the 3650

Home | www.hanlonmotorsports.com

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just talked with Tremec, the manuals that are online are for the older model 3650's. But the only difference is the shifter mechanism. Everything else, internals, etc. are all the same they said, so the manuals will work, just skip the whole shifter steps. FYI...

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Holy ****, thanks dude! How'd you find this?
It was sent to me as a reference for torque specs on here a year or two ago and I bookmarked it. I use it to reference EVERYTHING. It's the entire shop manual. I highly recommend that you bookmark, save, print, tattoo, whatever the entire thing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was sent to me as a reference for torque specs on here a year or two ago and I bookmarked it. I use it to reference EVERYTHING. It's the entire shop manual. I highly recommend that you bookmark, save, print, tattoo, whatever the entire thing.
Already have as soon as I looked at it :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts