Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my trans has been messed up for about a month and im pretty sure its the 3rd gear synchro. I can still use 3rd if i let the rpms drop so its not a huge inconvience. But Does anyone know how long my trans can last until it needs to be replaced?? I'm hoping it can last about 5 months until i have the funds to buy a remanufactured one. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
this all depends of bad the synchros are. could last 5 months could last 5 days. I let mine go until i lost 3rd all together. lasted a couple months with easy driving and skipping 3rd. My suggestion is to fix it as soon as you can or you will loose it all together.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this all depends of bad the synchros are. could last 5 months could last 5 days. I let mine go until i lost 3rd all together. lasted a couple months with easy driving and skipping 3rd. My suggestion is to fix it as soon as you can or you will loose it all together.
lose 3rd all together or lose my whole trans?

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
lose just 3rd gear. it will get bad enough to where you cant even get it in gear, and if you do it will throw it right out.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Buy my 3650!

Haha, seriously though I'd take Willy's advice and either replace it now or get it fixed right away. You shouldn't lose your whole trans, but who knows... stranger stuff has happened. For now, skip third gear as much as you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts