Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinkig that my next mod is going to be the tranny. is swapping out for the tr6060 worth it?? also, i currently run the hurst compt shifter, and love it. can it still be used on the 6060?

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
TR6060 is an awesome transmission and can handle just about any amount of power you throw at it. Its expensive but worth it in just about every respect. Your shifter, however, will not work with the TR6060. You may be able to fab. something up for the shifter handle, but the shift kit itself will not work.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yes if you want an upgraded manual transmission than the TR6060 is the way to go. Combine that with the trick Shelby short throw and you'll have a badass transmission. No, the Hurst is not going to work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
D&D has a kit that will help you convert to the tr-6060. It comes with a "short throw" shifter. Don't have any idea what shifter or if it is any good. Also look into promotion powertrain they have a better deal on the kit and I think its juiced up a little. Promotion is also willing to swap parts in the kit I think. Better driveshaft for instance. Promotion will be where I get my kit when I swap mine for the tr-6060.:)

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
D&D has a kit that will help you convert to the tr-6060. It comes with a "short throw" shifter. Don't have any idea what shifter or if it is any good. Also look into promotion powertrain they have a better deal on the kit and I think its juiced up a little. Promotion is also willing to swap parts in the kit I think. Better driveshaft for instance. Promotion will be where I get my kit when I swap mine for the tr-6060.:)
:withhomo

They have a good deal on a pretty trick TKO setup too.

ProMotion Powertrain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts