Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I went to the track for midnight mayhem at 7pm and I got to run 4 passes before 9pm which is a miracle. Well the first pass out did a 14.244 at 96.66mph 2.093 60 foot, second pass 14.289 @ 96.67 with a 2.150 60 foot, third pass 14.258 @ 96.63 with a 2.149 60 foot, the forth pass I decided to use the right lane and I did a 14.214 @ 96.60 with a 2.085 60 foot. So then I went back to the lanes thinking to myself I am getting a 14.1 out of this car tonight. I was thinking about dropping my tire pressure in the nittos because I usually don't drop them down from 30psi because every time I do it ruins my time, so I decided not to. So I am waiting in the lanes and the guy skips my lane, then a ricer breaks down the track, then I get skip again and then I finally get to go again an hour and half later and my final pass with a nasty burn out was 14.270 @ 97.23 with a 2.126 60 foot. So I was not to happy but at least the car averages 14.2 no matter what.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
What all have u done to ur stang?

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
no wonder dude you are running on a tire pressure that is higher than some run on the street. If you are doing a burnout than you better have drag radials, and if you have drag radials you should be down to 16-17 psi. No wonder your 60fts suck ass.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Ha nevermind I looked at ur garage. Is it a auto?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
i would set your pressure around 20 PSI and play with it till you find the sweet spot. You have any wieght in the rear? Sometimes weight is good

·
Registered
978 Posts
def need to drop your tire pressure bro. it will help you out considerably

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
are you bogging or spinning your launches? I would bet that your high tire pressure is causing some wheel spin that is hurting your 60ft. But if you are bogging then you are getting the proper traction and need to adjust the other foot :)

*edit* grrr...you have an auto and can't adjust the left foot :)...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the car is bogging out of the hole and I have drop the drs to 20psi and my 60 foot times were ruin. I thought sense I have an auto that the best 60 foot time I could get is a 2.0 without having a power adder or a torque converter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts