Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wandering what ill be running once I get done with. 1 of my build up...which consists and will also consist of... K&N cold air, diablo programmer, stock H minus cats and cherry bomb mufflers, mgw short throw...and then ill be adding 75mm tb and airplenum...and 3.73's... With everything minus the the gears what yall think? And with the gears? I'm hoping mid or low 13's

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool cool...that was supossed to say stage 1 lol... But stage 2 of my build up will consist of the heads cams and headers and all...an the xpipe and 2 1/2 pipe out the back since I'm still running the 2 1/4

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i would say 13.7 to 14.0

I am still running the 2 1/4 out the back also, the problem is going to be traction, i tried to launch at 2500 and just ignited the tires, it just all depends i weigh about 300 pounds and had just a little over a quarter of a tank of gas so a smaller guy might be able to sqeeze another tenth out, when i had my stock gears and stock tb and plenum best time i got was a 14.12.:yes

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm about 180lbs and ima run with a full tank to put some weight back there...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
when i got this car retuned the guy told me i was making the power to run 12's with what i have, i don't know he said i needed adjustable upper control arms and good lowers drag springs and definitely some slicks with axles of course

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Axles? Aftermarket? Why? Stockers should be able to withstand a 12 sec run...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
?

he told me if i wanted to launch it right i would need axles or i would break the factory ones he also told me to get a carbon fiber posi unit.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Axles? Aftermarket? Why? Stockers should be able to withstand a 12 sec run...
at the power level's you guy's are talking about, you'll need to leave VERY hard to see 12's (but on a plus side both of your car's should easily do it) & slick's/axle's will most likely be needed (sooner rather than later as the stocker's WILL break).

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
its pricy!

It runs 320 bucks at american muscle :yes it has carbon fiber clutch plates in it and its a 31 spline instead of a 28.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah ha...that's what I figured they were...at first thought I pictured a carbon fiber diff...and then it clicked that it was the clutches...well ill upgrade my axles before I get the supercharger...just leavem 28 spline though and tighten up the dif clutches

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
so much time so little money thats my problem, i refinanced my car and had almost 8,000 dollars and purchased about 2,000 of parts on ebay and paypal screwed me and all i got was subframe connectors and a tach. wish i would have got a supercharger now!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I need to refinance mine so I can afford some more bolt ons lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts