Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 GT automatic is going to the track for the first time with the nitrous in 3 weeks, what do you think I will run?

Here are my mods...

-MAC CAI
-factory open h-pipe
-in-line fuel booster
-10.5 inch slicks and skinnies in the front
-125 wet shot:cool:
-stripped interior

I estimate low 12's.......

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I honestly dont know, i know any suspension work done? And im assuming you built the rearend with 31 spline axles. I also didnt see that it had a stripped interior either.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I honestly dont know, i know any suspension work done? And im assuming you built the rearend with 31 spline axles. I also didnt see that it had a stripped interior either.

No, stock suspension and 28 spline axles.......

also no A/C......

but I might put a bigger shot like 150

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yeah but I can get tons of stock parts for cheap so i dont really care even if the engine blows cuase i have a 1996 complete cobra engine and 1997 gt engine...........

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
so you have a car that has 3.08 gears there killin yea man ....

i went
60-1.998

330-5.514

1/8- 8.3 @ 88.04

1000-10.7

1/4-12.831 @ 106.63

125 kit

i have 4.10 gears,stock axles,CAI,T-Body-plenum1/2 spacer-demon coil packs-taylor 10.4 wires-hurst short shifter-stock gutted h pipe-2 chamber flowmasters welded in stock cat back.17x9-1/2s up front with 255s and 275s in the rear.
full interior with a/c etc..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you have a car that has 3.08 gears there killin yea man ....

i went
60-1.998

330-5.514

1/8- 8.3 @ 88.04

1000-10.7

1/4-12.831 @ 106.63

125 kit

i have 4.10 gears,stock axles,CAI,T-Body-plenum1/2 spacer-demon coil packs-taylor 10.4 wires-hurst short shifter-stock gutted h pipe-2 chamber flowmasters welded in stock cat back.17x9-1/2s up front with 255s and 275s in the rear.
full interior with a/c etc..

is your car auto or std.?

did you launch on spray?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
5 speed . 1st gear is way to short for me to try to spray out the hold. when i shift to 2nd i hit it .. not sure what rpm for sure prob around 4500.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
my car, on motor, on the way home from work just goofin around making a video of my speedo..

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Your speedometer messed up haha
when i drive it normal its fine but when i am all out it goes crazy .. i think i need to get a new gear for the tranny .it happend to my 97 i had .so 4 some reason i dont have luck with after market speedo gears .2nd one thats broke on me ?wrf?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
high 12's i would say!!
i kinda think so also i mean you dont have the gear i have but your car is deff. lighter then mine .launching with the spray .and you have a better rim and tire setup on yours.
i was on 275 40 17 D.R.s

i would recomend you doing gears .i did mine in my drive way in 2 1/2 hours
and a cold air intake later that day .first things i ever did to my car, . i went from 15.2stock to 14.50s.big diffrence..that was going from 3.27s to 4.10s

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Was it spinning coming out of the hole?
on street tires -no spray it spins out the hole threw 1st 2nd resulting in 2.0s all day

on D.Rs it let me leave cuttin a 1.9 60 foot doing nothing diffrent but jsut giving me that extra traction i needed.. i didd not realy heat the tires to much due to me just borrowing them .

and i dont think my rear could handle a high rpm launch when i did the gears in my car i learned some one was there before me the spyder gears are deff not doing to good and the center section just about fell out when i took off the caps.deff worn out.i was starting to think someone put the 3.27 in the car ?idk y ?i realy wish i had the money for the 9 inch rear setup due to me wanting to put a 5.4 in my car .

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I think you definitely need to get that rearend built(31 spline), get some gears, and get you suspension done(sfc, control arms, springs, etc) and you will have a hell of a car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think you definitely need to get that rearend built(31 spline), get some gears, and get you suspension done(sfc, control arms, springs, etc) and you will have a hell of a car.
+1 That is a good idea because if your spider gears are that bad they will eventually ruin the axles. Spiders are not that expensive how come you did not replace them while you had the gears out?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts