Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of times am I looking at in the 8th and 1/4 mile with the mods I have. It dynoed at 425 RWHP and 395 TQ. hav'nt taken it out since the supercharger and the tune so I dont know what to expect. Also my drag radials are bald so what would be the time on street tires and times if i would have the DRs?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i was thinking.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
when me and the transission guy were trying to figure my power, his calculation was 393rwhp. i went 12.1 in the 1/4, and i think 7.8 in the 1/8. that was having to short shift in and out of 3rd.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
If he can get it to hook..low 11s in qt..low 7s 1/8..mine dyno out at 409 hp..I ran [email protected] have been racing for 30 years...friend of mine couldn't get it out of 13s..
Way to drive the piss out of it. I guess my 1.4 years is not enough lol, 11.26 at 129 lol.

thats suspension and driver mod for yah
Yeah I trap 128-129 and still can't get in the tens. But the suspension was stock at the time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i cracked off a 12.50 the first time i went to the track and i even broke loose in 2nd and had to let off.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone have 4:10 that run 11s? do you have to shift to 5th gear or do you justs stay in 4th gear.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
i cracked off a 12.50 the first time i went to the track and i even broke loose in 2nd and had to let off.
That's about what I did the first time to the track. What was your trap?

does anyone have 4:10 that run 11s? do you have to shift to 5th gear or do you justs stay in 4th gear.
I would run of gear in fourth if I 4:10's

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's about what I did the first time to the track. What was your trap?
i think it was 115 or 116 can't remember which one.
i do know that the drag radials i have are not cutting it.

I would run of gear in fourth if I 4:10's
go 3:73's

·
Registered
468 Posts
what psi are you running? 425rwhp is very respectable especially for a non intercooled setup

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha I hadnt thought about the 1/4 mile when I got the gears. they are more fun on the street which is 99% of my driving. I am running 10lbs. Yeah i was pleased with the numbers. The intercooler is next on my list of things to get. I dont want to blow anything up. Im guessing I have to shift to 5th since people with 3:73s are at the end of 4th. that sucks.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
You'll probably be ok. I make a little bit more hp than you. I bet it will be just right.

Your trap will tell you how much hp your car is making better than dyno numbers.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah. if you cant hook it doesnt matter anyways. jivepepper do you have 4:10s? I just dont want to have to shift to 5th and be in that gear for like .00001 of a second because i hit red line.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
yeah. if you cant hook it doesnt matter anyways. jivepepper do you have 4:10s? I just dont want to have to shift to 5th and be in that gear for like .00001 of a second because i hit red line.
No, I have 3,73's and hit limiter right after the traps in forth a 6450 rpms. If I make a little more power I might have to go to 3.55s.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah its the top speed

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
ok ok so im a newb when it comes to racing....whats a "trap"? im guessing somethin to do with your top speed on a run
Basically the finish line. Trap speed is how fast you are going when you crossed the traps. Et is how quick you got there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts