Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any tips as far as weight reduction..should i keep or leave the spare tire? things like that....ive read the writeups about drag racing but im looking for any other tips you may think i could use

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
the most important tip you could have and don't tell everybody....take a double dose of Ex-Lax.....you'll thank me later :)
everything else is common sense..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the most important tip you could have and don't tell everybody....take a double dose of Ex-Lax.....you'll thank me later :)
everything else is common sense..
hahaha what great advice..your secret is safe with me:yes i wont tell anyone

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
the weight in the trunk is going to help your 60' times but slow down your ET.

I have the rear seat delete so i take everything out of my trunk, if i dont it all some crashing threw the back when i cross the finish line. :eek:

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
any tips as far as weight reduction..should i keep or leave the spare tire? things like that....ive read the writeups about drag racing but im looking for any other tips you may think i could use
Most of the people I know take the spare out and just drive with a can of Fix-a-Flat

Eating a smaller lunch and driving naked always helps too :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
take your body off your car and run just the motor/frame/tranny/ rear axle and one seat and you should be good to go. lmao

·
Registered
165 Posts
Put a brick holding your gas pedal to the max, put it on D and jump out!

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
those few things arent even gona make a difference, just go and have fun

·
Registered
978 Posts
this thread had me laughing my ass off!!! everyone in my office thinks im crazy now!! +1 to running after your car naked!!! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the help...lmfao

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Most of the people I know take the spare out and just drive with a can of Fix-a-Flat
i don't get it the 30lb spare is better to keep in your trun and keep a little weight on your back tires.....weight reduction in the back of a rear wheel drive street car to me is sensless.....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Way to go and be serious! geez. ;)
i mean i took about me spare tire n' ****. If it did anything idk/

i will do that anytime I run either way just b/c it help in my head haha

but if your going to do it make it worth. drop 100 to 300lbs.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
To cut out the most weight, take your spear out, rear seat, passenger seat, windows, carpet, hood, bumpers, radio, cloths (but not shoes) and then leave the car in the pits. Walk up to water box, scuff your shoes (for better grip), get to the line. Now the hard part for this one is that as soon as you get the go light, you need you run as hard as you can and try to jump on the back of the car in the other lane. Just DON'T miss when you go to jump, it will upset you trap speed and 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Are you auto or 5 speed? Street Tires? Drag Radials?
If your running street tires, go around the water box and clean them off. Just dump the clutch so they spin, get all the dirt and stuff off. Find a good launch RMP if you 5 speed. Id try to 2000-2500 and slip the clutch until you feel it grab.

Last October when my car was bone stock besides an SLP LM1 Catback, I cleaned my tires off, feathered at about 2800rpm and got a 2.1 60 foot and a 14.023 @ 100.68mph. And my car was bone stock, just some cooler air. Good luck man

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
you read the first time at the drag tips, thats all you need. There is nothing really secret or more, just the stuff thats posted in there

1 - 20 of 20 Posts