Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2010 GT500 7 weeks ago but can't get any info still. when i ordered it, they said it would take between 8 and 12 weeks but after 6 weeks they'd be able to tell me where the car is in the system etc.

I called twice since the 6 week mark and they can't tell me anything. "Well it's ordered" is all they can say. I can't get any evidence ford even knows i placed an order. They can't even tell me if the car is actually being built.

I heard at some point you get an order number and you can track it online or something.

anyone know if i should cut bait here? I don't want to wait 12 weeks then still just get "well it's ordered. we'll let you know".

Anyone know how this works? Does each dealer only have so many orders they can place before having to wait or something?

Does this sound right or should I be as anxious as I am?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Have you asked your dealer about this yet?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not meaning to mention other cars, but people ordering the 2010 camaro ss's are having the same issue....Ford probably is building it, but trying to keep up with the demand, keep us posted, I'm excited to see it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you asked your dealer about this yet?
I've only called the dealer...several times. They literally have nothing to say past "well, it's ordered". No VIN, no progress, no eta, no order number from Ford.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
I'm not sure maybe you should jump on SVTP and ask how some of the other guys did it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
im sure your gonna get it bro, just be patient man and give them their time. and post up them pix when you get it!! :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
give the dealers some slack......but not to much. if you don't know whats up by the 12 week mark I would start getting tough with them.

I still remeber back in 07 when I was deployed to iraq. I found out over the internet over there that GM was making colorados/canyons wint the 5.3l v8's. saw the brocures, everything. so I placed my order over the phone. gave them a deposit and everything. my dad is retired GM so I got a discount number for it and everything.

they swore up and down my truck would be ready by time I got back to the states 4months later

I get back to the states and they have nothing. as a matter of fact I found out the order wasant even placed and all they had was some paperwork with a recipt attached saying that I had left a deposit. (I should of just took my money back then and there but I really wanted this truck and they were the only GMC dealership for at least 2hrs drive)

so we get actual paperwork going. I have biuld paperwork in hand. I tool my ex wifes BF who thinks he knows everything about trucks and swears you can't get a v8 in a canyon when I show him this paperwork with the biuld codes on it :)

1month, nothing
2month, nothing
2 1/2 month. still driving my exwifes car, I am getting irate with the dealer
3month. I make them tell me when a factory rep is going to be there and meet with factory rep. I find out that v8 canyons won't be biult till next year cause of the economy. and through some artfull conversation I get him to admit that the dealer has known about this for quite some time.

I shoulda know cause every time I went in there they were talking about how they could have my exact combination of truck there tomorrow, just with a 5cyl.

I am super pissed. I get my money back, sales manager starts talking about sierra 1500s, I end the conversation with "ok, are you done yet!?", money in hand drive strait to ford dealership and buy a brand new f-150 that was my baby and my love until I traded it for the stang.

I know I probobly dragged that on to long for you to really want to read, but just trying to give you an idea of what can happen if you give the dealer to much slack on **** like this.

·
Registered
337 Posts
btw, it woulda been an 08 canyon, EVERY OPTION to include charcoal leather, G48 code(I think) 3.42 rear w/posi and traction control, and sunroof. 2wd and some new pimp metallic orange color that they had just come out with for that year. if that worked out I would have that bitch running 11's by now :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
if they said 8-12 weeks just be patient.

I pre-ordered my gt the very first possible day (nov 19? maybe?) and I remember waiting and waiting and waiting, then I find out that the HID headlamps that I ordered were on "late availability". So it will take a lil bit longer. I remember they told me I should hear about it when it is getting close to done but it seems like its dragging on.

Then I get an email that they have their first shipment coming in and they have a black gt that I can come test drive, AND that my gt has left the factory and should arrive within the week...

I didn't mean to ramble, but point is don't be surprised if you don't hear anything about it until it leaves the factory.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys, i appreciate the details. I feel a little better now. I'm still going to drop into the dealer and speak to the sales manager but i won't be a dick now :)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Try calling the actual SVT division with the dealers info. They may be able to look it up in their system according to a dealership ordering it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Dealer doesn't get paid till you pickup the car, so they want it to come in as quick as you do, the way sales are now days. I'm not sure if Shelbys GT500's are built, then shipped to Shelby and the extra parts are added ( I know the GT's are), but the dealer should. Ford won't have a vin# till right before the car is built........maybe even the day it's built so if you get a vin you know it's close to being shipped- as long as Shelby doesn't get it first.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try calling the actual SVT division with the dealers info. They may be able to look it up in their system according to a dealership ordering it.
don't know how to call the SVT division but i did just call 18003923673 and the guy was able to see the order has been placed to ford. There's still no info on it and it's lsited as still being in process so while i don't feel better about getting a date, it still sucks that he has no info either.

He also said there is no allotment. The dealer can order whatever the can sell - I pushed him on this but he insisted the hold up isn't because the dealer is out of orders. No VIN or eta on when it will start being built either.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
don't know how to call the SVT division but i did just call 18003923673 and the guy was able to see the order has been placed to ford. There's still no info on it and it's lsited as still being in process so while i don't feel better about getting a date, it still sucks that he has no info either.

He also said there is no allotment. The dealer can order whatever the can sell - I pushed him on this but he insisted the hold up isn't because the dealer is out of orders. No VIN or eta on when it will start being built either.
You still have 5 weeks man. Now that you know the order was actually placed chill out. They tell you 8-12 weeks to give them a cushion. They aren't going to start working on your car immediatly. So relax and have fun looking into what mods you're going to throw on it ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did you have them try to locate one for you? They put the options you ordered in a locater system and it will tell your dealer who has one that's close to what you ordered. If you let them do this make sure the car they locate has not been in inventory too long as they tend to get nicked, bird pooped, ect the longer it's been setting, unless it's been kept inside (probably the case with a GT500). This is just an idea if you're getting ansy-I'd be climbing the walls waiting.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
You still have 5 weeks man. Now that you know the order was actually placed chill out. They tell you 8-12 weeks to give them a cushion. They aren't going to start working on your car immediatly. So relax and have fun looking into what mods you're going to throw on it ;)
+1

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Did they put in writing it would take 6 weeks until you knew where it was and could track it?

Id go there and have them show me all the paperwork on the car, or your gonna cancel the sale and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you have them try to locate one for you? They put the options you ordered in a locater system and it will tell your dealer who has one that's close to what you ordered. If you let them do this make sure the car they locate has not been in inventory too long as they tend to get nicked, bird pooped, ect the longer it's been setting, unless it's been kept inside (probably the case with a GT500). This is just an idea if you're getting ansy-I'd be climbing the walls waiting.
tried that at 3 dealerships before feeling comfortable enough with one to make an order. No one had exactly what i want. I see one close now that has everything color, vert, but not nav/electronics package so i'm going to wait

I called back the sales guy to let him know i spoke with customer relations and he said he had an email from his ford rep that said the car would going to be started today. i'm supposed to call next friday and see if it actually did get started or not. I have no problem waiting another 5 weeks - or however many it takes, i just don't want to be patient/quiet for 3 months then find out nothing has started and i should have spoken up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts