Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does my 99 Gt have traction control? Ive been asked a few times by different people this week and Ive assumed I dont since I dont have a button to turn it on and off like on the newer New Edges

·
Registered
302 Posts
It didn't come stock on that year, it was an available option. So if you don't have the button you don't have it

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yea, trust me you don't need it if you're a spirited driver (most people on this forum are spirited lol). It'll piss you off every time you forget to turn it off and you got have some fun in your car :facepalm:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Most people get it turned off in their tune anyways

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
It was turned on when I got my car. First thing I did when I turned the car on when I bought it was turn traction control off lol.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I have yet to turn it off in my tune :facepalm:

·
Registered
720 Posts
What exactly does traction actually do ? Sorry for the dumb question.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I got mine turned off in the tune as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Is there a difference between getting it turned off in a tune or just pressing the TC button to off if you have one...?

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Yea, trust me you don't need it if you're a spirited driver (most people on this forum are spirited lol). It'll piss you off every time you forget to turn it off and you got have some fun in your car :facepalm:
I forget all the time lol

Go to pull out all cool car goes

Vroom vroom errrrirt blu vru blop blup blop vroom! And i look like a dumb ass

- Sent from the cellular

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Is there a difference between getting it turned off in a tune or just pressing the TC button to off if you have one...?

No.

Turning it off in the tune always keeps it off so when you turn your car, it's off.

Pushing the button keeps it off till the car turns off.

·
Registered
302 Posts
No.

Turning it off in the tune always keeps it off so when you turn your car, it's off.

Pushing the button keeps it off till the car turns off.
Ah, thank you. I learn something new everyday!

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
I hate traction control. It kicks on when I floor it to get on the highway. Traction control halves my power for a couple seconds so that I can't accelerate for **** on the busy highway I just merged on to.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
^ never had that problem before. You must have a lot of power, have gravel on road, shitty tires, or are going like 10mph when you punch it or a combination of all of those lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
I hate traction control. It kicks on when I floor it to get on the highway. Traction control halves my power for a couple seconds so that I can't accelerate for **** on the busy highway I just merged on to.
I would turn traction control off in your case haha

·
Registered
255 Posts
When I got my first tune, the guys at Bama turned it off without me even asking. Now that's customer service! :3gears

1 - 20 of 21 Posts