Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2003 V-6 auto and I have found that this control turns on at about 15000 rpm untill i reach 20000, and them the motor bogs down not allowing the tires to turn faster then 20000 rpm. is there a limiter in line, and if so how do you bypass it,{burnouts with only 1 tire sucks} when traction control is turned off {via button on dash}the right side tire is allowed to spin to about red line.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Okay, I sure hope you mean 1500rpm and 2000rpm, rather than 15000 and 20000... and it isn't the rpm that will set off the trac control, it is tire slip.

And yes the traction control tries to stop the wheels from spinning and make it sound like the engine is bogging down. If you want to bypass it, just press the Trac. Ctrl. button. As for doing burnouts with more than one tire - that has nothing to do with traction control, you need to buy a limited slip differential, i think it is about 250$ or so, and get that installed.
But if you buy a LSD, you might as well get gears (4.10s are what most guys with autos get) at the same time, so that you don't need to pay for the same installation twice.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Okay, I sure hope you mean 1500rpm and 2000rpm, rather than 15000 and 20000... and it isn't the rpm that will set off the trac control, it is tire slip.

And yes the traction control tries to stop the wheels from spinning and make it sound like the engine is bogging down. If you want to bypass it, just press the Trac. Ctrl. button. As for doing burnouts with more than one tire - that has nothing to do with traction control, you need to buy a limited slip differential, i think it is about 250$ or so, and get that installed.
But if you buy a LSD, you might as well get gears (4.10s are what most guys with autos get) at the same time, so that you don't need to pay for the same installation twice.
+1 you need to buy a T-lok to make both tires spin at the same time. V6 mustangs dont come with them stock. Buy your T-lok from speedconcepts.net and gears from americanmuscle.com You will also need a gears install kit. Figure around 400 for gears, T-lok, and install kit....and at least another 200 for the install. Its expensive....but overall one of the best mods you can do for your sixer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thank you guys for answering my question, looks like some rearend work will be done this summer

·
Registered
218 Posts
It sure was. I have it on mine and it took a lot of getting used to driving my car with ABS and trac control, when my previous vehicle was a 95 windstar with no abs or sway bar...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didnt know TC was an option on a sixer?
This is what i found about that company
31 Spline 8.8 traction lock differential fits all 1983-2008 Mustang GT/Bullitt/Mach1/1993-2004 Cobra/2007-2008 GT500 8.8 rear ends M-4204-F318/2L2Z-4026-AA **SOLD OUT!!!**

This will not work on the v6

1 - 12 of 12 Posts